Monday, May 07, 2007

Blustery Bank Holiday

Today has been one of those cold, blustery, days when the wind likes to try and steal your hat right off your head, and it rains on and off all day. But the sun keeps right on trying to shine from behind all the horrible, grey clouds that are trying their best to keep it hidden. We're meant to be getting a thunder storm some time later.

We'll have to see though. After all, the weather people aren't known for their accurate weather predictions, are they?

Kero didn't want to get up to go out today. It took me until almost 11:30 am to even get him to get up and eat his dinner! When I finally got him to go out for a walk with me, he literally did what he needed to do then practically dragged me home again. Guess even when you have a fur coat it's sometimes too cold out.

Chance and I watched the movie 'Balto' last night on Sky Movies. I know some of you are probably thinking, "How was Chance watching it? He's a cat!" But, let me tell you now, he DID watch it. He sat perfectly still on my lap staring straight at the TV through the whole movie. Well, actually there was a point where he hid his head under my arm. There was a part where Balto almost drowned, and I guess it was too scary for Chance. Bless him! But, before that, then again when that bit was over, Chance sat still as a statue on my lap with his eyes fixed on the TV. I guess he enjoyed the movie!

Haven't really done anything else, so, I'll let this do for now.

Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sounds like lousy weather you're having now. We're having a beautiful day here...sunny, slight breeze, supposed to be in the 70's a bit later. There used to be a guy on tv who promoted Pennsylvania (the state in which I live) by saying....Enjoy, Enjoy. :)

Robyn said...

Our rabbit watches TV too! I know it sounds absurd when you tell people, but it really is true! Anyway, we had that sort of day here as well. It just makes you want to slouch about and do nothing.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

yes its very lousy weather here to , and jayde didnt want to go out either , and i did " slouch about " all day ,.

and yes i really do believe you that chance watched the film " clever cats these orientals " arent .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

Well, AK, I guess we're taking it in turns to have the aweful weather and the nice weather.

Robyn, I totally agree! I've never seen a rabbit watch TV before, but I don't doubt that yours does. I've seen birds, cats, and dogs watch TV though. Are there any particular movies or TV shows that your rabbit is more likely to watch than others? Or, does it just watch anything? My cats and Kero prefer watching things with talking animals in. So far I've found they likes to watch; "The Lion King," "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey," and "Balto."

Yes, Grandma, Orientals are very clever cats.

Robyn said...

It likes to watch the news, anything to do with classical music, and anything with lots of flashing colours, and hates punk rock, and hates Blue Peter. She's quite fussy.

Tori_Z said...

Yeah, animals do tend to be fussy about what they watch on TV