Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Shopping & Stuff

I haven't done a blog post in a couple of days, because I've not really had much to say. I haven't really done anything since Saturday. Until today anyway.

Today was, as those who know my routine well enough will know, shopping day.

I've been enjoying shopping a lot more lately than I used to, for some reason. I didn't enjoy it much today though. It wasn't so much the shopping part I didn't enjoy, it was the fact that, where it's half-term, everyone seemed to be in town, and every person seemed to have a baby or toddler with them who had either missed their nap, or was bored. Now, I don't really mind babies and toddlers crying, and throwing tempet tantrums, but the parents (or Grandparents, or whatever) had obviously had enough, because all I heard was adults yelling at the kids to, "Shut up!" Haven't they learned by now that yelling at the kids achieves nothing? All you get from yelling at a screaming toddler, is a sore throat!

Anyway, the actual shopping part was fun.

I got both my Mam and myself a sports bottle with a sort of cooler pouch that zips around it to keep your drink cool. Mine has a blue cooler case thing, Mam's has a pink one. I also got a ton of other stuff. Way too much to list! And then, of course, there was the usual weekly shop. Food, food, and more food! Not to mention, enough juice (orange, apple, and grape flavoured) to keep a whole army from getting thirsty. LOL!

I thought I was going to be taking Chance to the vet. He cut one of the pads on his left, front paw, and it was sore, and looked like it might have been infected. But, we cleaned it up, and it looks like it's healing OK by itself. Plus, he's not whining as much, and he's letting us touch that paw again. So, I'm not going to take him, I'm just going to keep an eye on it. If it starts to look like it's not healing though, or if it seems to be bothering him too much, I'll take him in. Thing is, all the vet will probably do, is charge me nearly £20 to clean his paw, and stick a needle in him "to stop it swelling before it starts" or something like that.

Kelly and I are going to my parents' place for dinner tomorrow night. And probably to mess about on the game, or watch a movie or something too. Then I have Shireen from tomorrow evening until Friday morning. I was meant to only be having her from Thursday morning to Friday morning, but we - Kelly and I - didn't see the point in me going all the way up there to fetch her on Thursday morning, when we were going to be there tomorrow night. So, we asked if we could have her from tomorrow instead.

For those who don't know, Shireen is my Mam's Goddaughter. She is also, my honorary sister (Elizabeth)'s biological sister - try saying that three times fast, lol! She's also the daughter of a family friend (Jackie). Jackie, Shireen, and Elizabeth are now living in Stevenage, but they are here on one of their many visits to my Mam at the moment. Well, Jackie and Shireen are, Elizabeth isn't.

It's my Uncle Philip's birthday tomorrow (May 30th). I don't know if he reads my blog or not (probably not, or I'm sure he'd comment). But, I'll say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him for tomorrow anyway.

Tori

5 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

oh dear tori its such a chore " shopping " when the town seems full of screaming children and yelling mums/grandparents or what ever " isnt it , but never mind you got nice new cooler bags/bottle .

glad you didnt have to chance to the vets hope he gets healed quickly .

and i know you will enjoy having shireen over , she will probably be all grown up before i see her again ( sigh ) .

Tori_Z said...

At least I take photos usually, so you can see photos of her.

ChicagoLady said...

I hope Chance's paw heals quickly.

AliceKay said...

I hope it does too.

Tori_Z said...

Thanks, both of you