Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dietitian

Man am I tired!

I got up early to go into town. Didn't get much, just the weekly shop, and our usual baguettes. Then I went to my parents' place for an hour or so until it was time for me to go to the dietitian.

The dietitian was very impressed with the changes I had made so far in my diet. The only other things she asked me to do, was to increase the amount of fruit I'm having, eat better cereals (like, swap my frosties for shredded what, that kind of thing), and to have small meals with a little "healthy snack" in between them, rather than having either a small meal and going hungry between the meals, or having large meals with no snacks. She said that it's not the snacks that are the problem, it's the things people have as snacks. And that snacks and small meals are useful for keeping your metabolism going all day, which is apparently a good thing.

She also gave me some good ideas for fun ways to make the things I don't really like (like certain types of fruit and veg) more interesting. Mostly different ideas for things to hide them in, or things to put on them to disguise their disgusting taste. LOL!

And, she wants to see me again in "about three months."

We stopped off on the way home and had fun picking out different kinds of fruit, and stuff to put with it. I have basically every kind of fruit that I'll eat.

Tori

4 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Fruits and vegetables are just as important for your diet as meats and dairy. The fruits are high in natural fiber and sugar, and have vitamins that are good for you.

Tori_Z said...

Yeah, that's what she was telling me. I have to watch my intake of dairy though, because I'm lactos intolerant. I've never been a big fan of fruit and veg, and that's the big problem. So, the plan is to have the small meals, and leave only fruit available to myself for snacks so that I get used to eating it. Then, hopefully, after a while, it will become not only habit, but something I actually want to eat. LOL!

AliceKay said...

I hope you enjoy the different fruits and vegetables in your diet. Hope things work out for you.

Tori_Z said...

Thanks AK