Sunday, June 17, 2007

Saturday in Swansea

Friday night, I read 'Back To Front Benjy' by Dick King Smith. It was quite an amusing little story. There are a few other short stories in the same book, which I read too. But, I don't remember what they are called, and I can't be bothered to get up and go and fetch the book to check.

About 10:00 am yesterday (Saturday) morning, I was trying to decide what to do with my day, when I got a text message inviting to go out for the day with my Mam and Nan. I accepted it, got dressed, and went off to meet them.

We were going to just go to Ammanford, but we decided to go to Swansea instead. We go to Ammanford every week, so we figured Swansea would be a nice change. Besides, since Kelly had already decided he wasn't going to club, we didn't really need to rush back.

Before we went to Swansea though, we went to 'Stardust' for a drink. Mam and I just had a can of pop each, because it was quite warm, but Nan had a hot drink.

By the time we got to Swansea, it was about 1:00 pm, and we were all hungry, so we went to find somewhere to eat. The place Mam and I normally go (if we don't go to McDonald's) was PACKED, so we went to look for another place to eat. We ended up going to the restraint in British Home Stores, and let me tell you, we will NOT be going back. Don't get me wrong, the food was quite good, but not good enough to compensate for the restraint's bad points. First of all, our choice for meals was either chips and something, or shepherd's pie, which was a pain, because the whole point of avoiding McDonald's and such was to avoid chips. Secondly, as most of you know, my eyesight isn't all that great, and Mam was telling me what I could have with my chips, and the woman behind the counter actually got annoyed with her for doing so. Then, there was no clean cutlery, and the woman behind the till had to go wash some for us. And, if that wasn't enough to annoy us, I had almost finished my dinner before Mam and Nan's dinner arrived. Not to mention the fact it cost us £20 for two bottles of water, a bottle of Ribena, two lots of fish and chips, and the sausage, chips and beans that I ended up having. And, when we looked at the receipt, we learned that half of that bill was the drinks. Plus, the tables were filthy. We all agreed that next time, we either wait for someone to finish with a table at the place we usually go (I think it's called "Eli's" or something like that) or, we just go to McDonald's or something.

Anyway, apart from that, we had a pretty good day.

My Mam got herself some new tops, and she got me some more books. The books she got me were:


  • The Colour Of Magic by Terry Pratchett
  • The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett
  • Mort by Terry Pratchett
They are books one, two, and four, of Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series. I have book three - which is called "Equal Rites" - on order, so I should get that pretty soon.

Also, there was a man who's friend in Australia had written a book, and he was giving away copies, so, Mam grabbed me one of those too.

As fast as I'm getting these books read, I'm getting new ones. Not that it's a problem. LOL!


When I got home (a little before 4:30 pm) I took Kero for a walk, then sat down and watched 'Dances With Wolves,' which, as my Grandma and ChicagoLady pointed out, is a really good movie. I really enjoyed it, and I'm glad I got it.

After the movie, read a book called 'Mr Majeika And The School Book Week.' It was an amusing book with a couple of short stories in it about a teacher who is also a wizard. By the time I'd finished reading that, I was extremely tired, so I went to bed. Hence being up so early.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... I watched 'The Incredible Journey' on Friday night (after watching 'Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events'). It seems I was right. It is the original version. The one with Tao the Siamese cat. If I'm not mistaken, he's a seal point. I loved it! Kelly watched it with me, and seemed to enjoy it too. Also, Chance and Kero watched it. They fell asleep half way through though. LOL!

Tori


P.S. Oops, forgot I was signed in to fix something for Kelly on his blog... Now it thinks it's Kelly posting this. LOL!

No comments: