Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Lemony Snicket - The Vile Village

I finished it last night. I started reading chapter ten, and ended up reading chapters eleven, twelve, and thirteen as well. I couldn't help it! I just got so into the book. Anyway, I'm sure I've said this before, but I LOVE the way Lemony Snicket writes. He has such a great way of explaining things. And I just love the examples he gives for things. I wont say more than that though, because I don't want to spoil the books for those who haven't read them, but are planning to do so. What I will say though, is that out of all seven of the books I've read so far in this series, this one has kept me interested the best. I'd even go as far as to say that this is my new favourite in the series. There are so many 'bolts from the blue' in this book, that it's impossible to predict where the story is heading. And now, there are so many mysteries unsolved, and so many questions left unanswered, that I am extremely glad I have books eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, and thirteen, otherwise, I'd be tormented by these mysteries and questions for who knows how long while I waited for the next books. Thankfully though, I have the rest of the books ready to read, so I don't need to suffer any longer than Lemony Snicket himself makes me. Needless to say, I'm already making a start on book eight - The Hostile Hospital.

No comments: