Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sneezy, Soggy Sunday

It's cold, it's wet, but what the hey!
I wanted to say... Happy Canada Day

I've spent most of the weekend alternating between sneezing, working on the banners for the front page of our web site, and 'trying' to get some reading done. I've managed to finish listening to the third Harry Potter book, which I was listening to on audio CD, but between doing the banners and having this dreadful cold that decided to show up Wednesday and wont go away, I've only managed to get about half way through the book I'm trying to read. For those who don't remember, it's "A Series Of Unfortunate Events - Book 7: The Vile Village" and it's by Lemony Snicket.

I watched a couple of movies while I was working on the banners last night though.

One was called 'Eight Below' and was an OK movie. I'm not saying it wasn't any good, because it was, but I've definitely seen better.

The second movie I watched was 'X-Men 3: The Last Stand' and that one was, without a doubt, awesome! I've seen it before (in fact, we have the DVD) but it was this week's new movie on Sky Movies Premier, so, Kelly and I watched it again.

The third and final movie was called 'V For Vendetta' and it was... er... different! I honestly couldn't say it was a really good movie, but I can't say it wasn't very good either. It was, well, weird. Parts of it made no sense at all. I think it could be one of those movies you need to see loads of times before it makes sense or something. I don't know.

Kelly and I have been watching this show called 'Pirate Master' on Sunday evenings. Main reason I started watching it, was that it was on right after The Simpsons and Kelly wanted to watch it. Anyway, it's pretty good. Some of the people on it are daft twats though, but you get that on all shows. LOL!

Like some of the daft twats on American Idol who somehow almost made it to being the next Idol. I'm glad Jordin Sparks won. I'd have preferred Melinda to win, but since she didn't, then I'm glad that the person who won at least had some talent. I mean, half of the ones who almost made it, got there more for their looks than anything. Anyone who truly appreciates, and takes proper time to listen to, music can see that. But most people were too busy caring about the looks than the melody. Still, that's what seems to matter in everything nowadays, isn't it? Looks! Some people are so shallow and pathetic that they don't care about anything but looks! Personally, I'd rather an ugly person who could carry a tune than a good looking person who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. I'm not saying Jordin is ugly, I'm just trying to point out that it seemed like majority of the people who were voting for American Idol were more interested in how the people looked rather than how well they could sing.

Anyway, that's enough from me for today, I just want to say a quick.happy birthday to Kelly's Granma Sarah, though I doubt she'll even know I said it, let alone read it..

Tori

5 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Everyone knows American Idol is a popularity contest. I'm sure Canadian Idol and Pop Idol are the same way, lol.

V for Vendetta was VERY strange. Not sure it's one I'd watch a second time. I did like X-Men 3, and wasn't Eight Below the story of the guy in Antarctica or something?

Robyn said...

Eight Below I have seen many, many times. I had to write an essay on it at school. I cried the first time I watched it :(

AliceKay said...

'Eight Below' was about the eight sled dogs that were left behind and had to survive on their own when the owner wasn't able to return for them before the bad weather set in. Terri and I loved that movie. (i cried too, Robyn) Never saw the other two movies.

I hope you feel better soon, Tori. And a happy birthday to Kelly's Granma Sara, too.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

hope you are feeling better tori , i havent seen any of the films so i cant comment , but the " eight below " sounds like one i would like to see .

and happy belated birthday to kelly's granma .

x

Tori_Z said...

ChicagoLady,
I'm sure you're right about Canadian Idol and Pop Idol being the same way. I've never sat and watched those shows though. I would have thought they work the same as American Idol though... People voting for looks over tallent.

Robyn,
You do essays on some really cool stuff. Do you pick the topics? Or, are they usually picked for you?

AK,
Thanks for saving me the job of telling ChicagoLady what Eight Below was about, lol! I probably would have enjoyed it more, and ended up crying myself if I hadn't been so busy sneezing, coughing, and running to the bathroom. :(

Grandma,
I'm sure you would like to see Eight Below.

And, thanks AK and Grandma for the "Get Well" wishes.