Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Snicket, Potter & Town

I started out with a great plan last night, I knew I would be getting up early this morning, so, I headed to bed a little after 11:00 pm, thinking I'd read a chapter of my book, then go to sleep. Things don't always work out as planned though, do they? I read chapter ten, then something that happened at the end of chapter ten made me REALLY want to read chapter eleven. Then, something that happened at the end of chapter eleven made me REALLY want to read chapter twelve. Then, since there are only thirteen chapters, I figured I might as well finish the book (scroll down for info on the book). If it hadn't been for the fact I knew I needed to be up early, and the fact it was getting quite late, I would have started reading book eight right then and there. But, instead, I just went to bed. I did read the first few lines of book eight this afternoon though. I would have read more than that, but I was tired, and needed a nap, so, I ended up going to sleep for a couple of hours instead.

This afternoon, we booked our movie tickets to see Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix. I was originally told that the release date was July 13th 2007, but according to both the Odeon web site, and the official Harry Potter web site, it now seems to be July 12th. Not sure why or when it changed. Anyway, Mam, Dad, Kelly and I are going to see it on July 12th at 1:00 pm. Wayne is going to watch Kero for us, and in return for him being willing to miss out on coming with us, I'm giving him the money to go see it with his friends. Not sure if he'll be going that night, or the next day.

Anyway, I went to town with Mam today. For the first time in ages, I really didn't enjoy myself. For one thing, I'm still not 100% better. For another thing, today was one of those days when it didn't know if it wanted to be hot and dry, or hot and wet, or cold and dry, or cold and wet. I hate days like that. The final thing that stopped me from enjoying my day out, was that when Mam and I went in 'Stardust' for a drink, someone practically pushed me over. Had the chair I got shoved up against not been there, I probably would have ended up actually being knocked over. Then, the person actually had the cheek to tell me I was rude. Sheesh! Some people!

I didn't buy very much in town. I got a new, white, plastic bin for the bathroom, I also got some treats for Kero and Willow, and I had my usual baguette (tuna, sweetcorn, cheese and onion). Plus, of course, the weekly food shop.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! I also got a pair of shoes. I don't usually wear 'proper shoes' as my Mam calls them. I prefer to wear my sandals with the velcro straps, or my trainers. But, when Mam and I go down to Jackie and the girls at the end of July, we're going to a club, so I need some 'proper shoes' for that. Mam paid for the shoes in return for having them after we get back. I doubt I'll wear them again anyway, and if I needed them again, I could just borrow them back off her anyway.

I'm still waiting for my tablets from the doctor. I called a couple of days ago to see if the letter from the gynaecologist had arrived with my doctor yet, but it hadn't. It was then that they told me not to be too surprised if it takes three to four weeks to get to them. That's not the news I was hoping for, but there's not much I can do about that. Still, at least it will give me time to get rid of this cold before I start taking the pills.

OK, I think that will do from me for today.

Tori

7 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

if that book is " REALLY " that interesting i think i might take a look see for myself , lol .

and i forgot to say that i hoped you would feel better , so now i have said it , but your mam said you werent to good still , so hurry and get better .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

Yes, it is "REALLY that good" LOL! Don't forget though, you 'have to' read the books in order. With some sets it doesn't matter, but it does with this one. You know like with the Ayla stories, where you miss a lot of stuff if you don't read the books in order? Well, it works like that.

Mum's right, I'm still not too good. My temperature goes down when I'm not well, and at the moment it's 35.6 degrees celcius. Over the weekend it's sort of jumped about between 35.5 and 36.6. My 'normal' temperature is usually somewhere between 36.8 and 37.5.

LadyStyx said...

I hear you on books leaving those cliff hangers on the end of every. darned.chapter. It really makes it hard to get to bed or do much of anything else doesnt it?

The new Harry Potter movie looks to be awesome and I really am looking forward to it. We'll probably go the weekend after to try and avoid some of the crowds. Generally I wont read a book the movie is based on until AFTER I see it as Im always so dissappointed in the movie if Ive read the book first.

The Ayla books you mentioned in your comment....would they happen to be the Caln of the Cave Bear series by Jean Auel? I loved those books. A bit too detailed in some aspects but a great read none the less.

Hope you're feeling better today. It's the pits coming down sick but summer colds always seem to feel worse than any other simply because it isnt really cold enough outside to warrant having caught it in the first place.

AliceKay said...

I sure hope you weren't bruised up when you were shoved into that chair, Tori. Some people don't care if they "bump" into others.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow and be a real nice day for you there.

Tori_Z said...

Ladystyx,
I quite agree about the cliff hangers and about the movies often being disappointing if you've read the book.

Yes, that is the set I mean. I've got them on AudioBook and listened to it loads of times. I've also got it in print, but not read the books yet, because I've only recently got them. Also, I have The Clan Of The Cave Bear on DVD.

I hope I get better too.

Tori_Z said...

AK,
No, I wasn't bruised or anything. I never got hurt at all. I was just annoyed.

Thanks, I hope I feel better soon too.

LadyStyx said...

The books are a heck of alot better than the DVD. I would recommend watching the dvd first otherwise you may not enjoy it as much. Im not sure how detailed the audio books are but there is ALOT of descriptive writing in the books (and I aint talking about just story line...Im talking scenery) so it can get a bit dull in spots (unless you get into that type of book). I've found I skim past the scenery descriptions and head straight to the meat of the book. I've read the whole series at least twice.The earlier books in the series have been read more often as I re-read everything up to the point of the newest release (hense the first book Ive read close to 7 or 8 times).