Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Blogs and beliefs

For the first few months that I had this blog, I didn't know what to write about, and I only visited about three blogs. That seems a lifetime ago now though. Most days I could do two or three posts (sometimes I do just that in fact) and you should see the list of blogs I check! There's more than a dozen, and I check them all every day. Unless I can't get online for some reason. Some days I even check them quite a few times, especially if I can't sleep, which is the case tonight. There are some interesting blogs out there! Some of them are just plain stupid and seem to be more full of links than blog posts, but I've found a fair few interesting blogs. Hence the long list of blogs I check each day.

Different things keep me going back to different blogs. With some it's the photos, with others the book reviews, and with others it's simply the fact I'm a nosy cow who likes to read about other people's lives, and find the life of the blogger in question very interesting. What can I say? I know what I like! LOL!

I hope I do a good job of keeping my blog interesting. I try not to bore people with too much whining, or too much boring information, but at the end of the day, this is my blog, and I can post whatever I want! If people don't like what I post, they don't have to read it, do they?

My personal opinion is that, I am who I am, I'm proud of who I am, and I don't intend to change who I am for love nor money. I've chosen my path, and I intend to follow it. Some of the things I believe in may draw a few raised eyebrows, and others may cause a few arguments. But they are my beliefs and that's that!

As you will know if you have read my profile lately, or if you have been a visitor to my blog for a while, I'm a Pagan. An Eclectic Wiccan to be exact. I don't believe in the existence of a God. I believe in the wonders of nature, the beauty of the world around us, in spirit guides, and the magic that can be found within yourself if you look hard enough. And I believe that the closest thing there are to a God or Goddess (or whatever it is you believe in) are the 'spirits' (for lack of a better word) that can be heard or seen in the magic and beauty of the world around us. But, most of all, I believe that the only one who can answer your prayers is yourself.

Feel free to think I'm talking a load of rubbish. Feel free to believe that I've lost the plot and should be locked away. And, feel free to tell me what you believe in. In fact, I'd be very interested in hearing what you believe in. Just remember that, as I have already said at least once, those are my beliefs and I don't intend to change them, and that's that!

I'm not entirely sure what the point of this post was. I just decided I wanted to post it, so I did! Don't know why, so don't ask! LOL!

Tori

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I wish I was as confident as you, not changing who/what you believe in for anybody!!

Debby said...

We each have to decide what we believe in. No one can tell us what we should believe. We are our own person therefore we believe and act accordingly. Some of my very best friends are Wiccan. I think it is very important to remember that when we are blogging, we do it for ourself. If people enjoy reading our blog entry, great. If they disagree so what. You are the owner of your blog therefore you can say anything, and that is ok.

Tori_Z said...

Robyn:
The confidence will come! It's only been in the last couple of years that I've found the confidence to stand up and say what I believe in without caring what others think.

Debby:
I couldn't agree more! Very well put!

Alok said...

yes this is ur blog and u have a right to write wht ever u like ....

alok

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Alok