Sunday, August 19, 2007

More random things

'Spirited Away' arrived in the mail yesterday. I haven't watched it yet though.

My Nan did manage to get my apple cider vinegar. Kelly brought it home with him yesterday (Saturday) evening. When I made my drink, I thought to myself, "I hope this tastes better than it smells, because it smells disgusting!" I got lucky. It may have smelled disgusting, but it tastes wonderful! And, I'm not just saying it either. While I was drinking it, I found myself thinking how, with the right incense and background noise (quiet, relaxing nature sounds, etc) it could be a good drink to induce meditation, or inspirational thinking. It might need to be stronger than I've been making it to achieve that effect though.

Kelly remembered to bring my piece of cake home too. It was a little dry (probably from the fact it's been waiting for me for a week, lol) but it was still nice. It was a fruit cake with marzipan and icing on the top of it. It's just a shame it was such a tiny piece.

I'm annoyed with the neighbours who live above me. Last night, they came home with a bunch of mates (at least most of whom were drunk) and put that rubbish they call music on at full blast. I was just thinking I'd had enough, and was contemplating going up to have a word about the noise (I was reluctant because of the fact I could tell they were quite full of alcohol) but the guy who lives next to them got in there first. Thankfully! They did turn the music down, but they were in and out a lot, so they kept setting Kero off barking. I don't know how I got to sleep, but I somehow got to sleep quite quickly. I wonder if the cider vinegar stuff had anything to do with it?

This has taken a lot longer to write than it should have, because I stopped to have some food.

I've just been watching 'Nanny McPhee' on Sky Movies Family. I've seen it tons of times before, but it's a good movie, so when I saw it was on I decided to watch it. Since it's just finished, maybe I'll put 'Spirited Away' on now? Yeah, I think I will. The TV's not far from where my PC is, so I'll be able to watch it while I finish my post. *wanders off to fetch the movie and put it on*

YAY! I finally got to see the start of the movie! LOL! I already know I'm going to enjoy watching the rest of it! :)

It's really cold and windy today. It's been quite wet this morning too.

I think Dad, Rachel, and Carl might be going to visit the museum some time during Carl and Rachel's visit. If they do, I'm going to go with them. Dad, Rachel, Carl and I are practically the only ones in the family that really appreciate a museum. Kelly enjoys bits and pieces (like the Ancient Egyptian exhibit) but he's not as enthusiastic about museums as Dad, Rachel, Carl and I are. Mam is even less enthusiastic. Her idea of visiting a museum involves just staying in each room as long as it takes to register what's in it, then moving on. I think she could probably get through the entire museum in less than half an hour. LOL! And Wayne... well... Wayne tries to act interested in whatever we're doing, but we all know that he couldn't care less about what happened to people he didn't know, and things he didn't know existed in the past. Nan would probably enjoy the outing, but she's got a habit of insisting we just enjoy ourselves, and to not worry about her. So, it's just the four of us. I hope we do go.

OK, I'm out of things to say (for now) so I'll let this do, and concentrate properly on watching my movie.

Tori

Note - added 12:37 pm: It ended up taking over two hours to do this post. LOL!

10 comments:

KAYLEE said...

haha great post did you read my last one?

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
Not yet. After I watched Spirited Away, I fell asleep. By the time I got up it was time to sort dinner. So, I haven't had a chance to look at other blogs yet today. Will go take a look now.

StygianMuse said...

I love Nanny McPhee too! I still have to buy it so I can watch it as much as I want! Haven't seen Spirited Away though.

Sorry to hear about the people above you and his mates. I would have gone up there and set them right the very first time it annoyed me...of course I'm mean like that! ;) LOL

*Hugs*

KAYLEE said...

thanks!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

WOW 2 hours to do your post , thats a long time.

glad you got to get the first bit of your story.
thats bad that the people above you make such a flipping noise, and glad you didnt have to go tell them to " shut it " .

and by the way how are you feeling after you " vinager treatment "???.

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

Gypsy:
I still need to buy it too. I have loads of movies I want to buy actually. LOL!

If it hadn't been for the fact that I was in my pjs, and the fact I knew they were drunk, I probably would have gone up sooner.

Kaylee:
You're welcome! :)

Grandma:
It wouldn't have taken so long if I hadn't kept wondering off to do other things. LOL!

Yeah, it is bad. The woman tries to keep it quiet. I hear her yelling at him, but he doesn't care. You'd think having a little one (she's about 18 months old) and having another on the way would calm him down. But, no! I'd complain more, but I don't want to cause any hastle for myself. I have enough of it with those bratty kids who like to throw the stones.

I'm feeling quite a bit better. Not perfect, but getting there.

KAYLEE said...

they think its my airways! that are giving me trouble will blog about it later

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
I'm sorry to hear that! I guess there's going to be more surgery in the not too distant future?

KAYLEE said...

Yeah unfortantely I think so but hope not!

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
Sorry to hear that