Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Shopping day

As most of you who read my blog regularly will know by now, I almost always do my weekly food shopping on a Tuesday. Unless there's a very good reason for us changing the day. So, since today is Tuesday, guess what I did today? Yep, that's right, I went food shopping. LOL!

Mam walked down to my place to come with me to my bus stop, because this time of year the sun is quite low and sneaks under my hat, making it difficult for me to see. And, I can't wear sunglasses because any that shield my eyes well enough are too dark for me to see through. So, we both went in to town together.

The other day, my Mam mentioned how she was missing her "shopping buddy" (by which she means Rachel) because I wont go shopping with her. So, I told her that if we can walk my speed rather than racing around the shop at her speed, then I'll go shopping with her. It's just that (as I told my Mam) "I like my feet to touch the floor." LOL! Anyway, I guess she liked the idea, because we took a nice, leisurely walk around a few of the shops in town. We didn't buy much, because we didn't see much we wanted to buy, but we enjoyed just taking a nice slow walk around and looking to see what was about. See, it's the fast pace that stops me enjoying shopping with Mam. I DO NOT do fast unless it's an emergency, and I don't consider shopping - even if it's during sales - to be an emergency. LOL!

I had my baguette not long after we got into town, because I'd had a late supper last night and as a result really didn't want breakfast. Since I hadn't eaten since last night, and since Mam was weighing, I decided I'd weigh myself too. I didn't expect to have lost anything, but was pleasantly surprised to see I'd lost 2 lbs. Admittedly that's in a month, but who cares? It's better to loose 2 lbs in a month than to put 2 lbs on, right? Besides, I'm concentrating more on trying to make sure I don't put too much on than loosing anything, so I'm happy with my little weight loss!

I was, at one point, trying to loose weight, but it wasn't working out too well, and I was just miserable and frustrated, so I'm now just trying to eat a healthy (ish), balanced diet. And, if I loose some weight in the meantime, then I do. If I don't, then I don't. I could probably do with loosing some, but the more I was worrying about it, the more I was putting on. I don't do well on diets. LOL!

My Mam's doing REALLY well with her weight loss though. She's been trying to loose weight for something like 18 months now (I think that's how long it's been, anyway) and has managed to loose 7 stone 1 lb (99 lbs). So, she's doing a fantastic job!

Anyway, Mam and I stopped in the cafe in Tesco before shopping, and had a drink and some carrot cake. The carrot cake was lovely, and made a nice little change.

Haven't really done much else today. Had my dinner (rosemary roasted potatoes, devilled eggs and a side salad), watched some TV, called Carl and Rachel to have a little chat with them, took Kero out, and that's about it.

I think I'll go check other people's blogs now.

Tori

9 comments:

KAYLEE said...

hahahaha that is a great day! I dont run for anything haha dont want to pass out:)

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
Don't blame you. My "no running" policy is partly due to medical issues (like the fact I can't see far enough to be sure I wont run into someone or something) and partly pure lazyness. LOL!

Kati said...

Looks like a lovely day out shopping!!!! You've got an award waiting for you at my place. Come get it!!!

LadyStyx said...

Im one who simply aint in for the sprint shopping either. Mine's simply because Im too darn heavy for my feet at this point but Im too stubborn to get into a wheelchair to speed things up. I had a friend suggest one once and I told her that it defeated the purpose of going out to shop...mostly I like going for the walk. Sometimes this frustrates hubby and he starts peeking at the grocery list and runs ahead for the rest of the stuff just to get us out faster.

I was talking to mom n daddy today and mom said that once they finally decide to put me on the Glucophage, I may lose some weight. Daddy was put on it for his diabetes (no, my sugars normal thank goodness) and lost 20 pounds. Who knows, if they end up putting you on it you might too.

Congrats on Mam for her weight loss. That's absolutely fantastic.

Mmmm carrot cake... How do you like yours? I like mine either plain or with cream cheese frosting (usually plain though). They have a nasty habit of putting walnuts in it around here though and I cant eat those.

Karen said...

Well Tori, I really did enjoy the stroll around town. Thanks for making me slow down.

theteacher said...

I agree two pounds in two months is better than anything the other way. Good on you!

Tori_Z said...

Kati:
Yes it was. And, thanks for the award! :)

LadyStyx:
I hope it doesn't come to you needing a wheelchair (at least for quite some time). It would make it harder to enjoy the shopping trip.

As for the carrot cake. I'll have it any way it's given to me. Plain, with the frosting, with the frosting and the nuts. I'm not fussed. One of the bakeries in Ammanford serve it with the frosting and a little marzipan carrot on it.

Mam:
You're welcome.

Rachel:
Thanks!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

first of all concrats on your wieght loss, a little is better than none at all.

and your mam is to be cocratulated for her wieght loss.

glad you had a shopping day at your pace " for once " lol.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma: Thanks