Monday, October 29, 2007

The long weekend

On Friday afternoon, Mam and I started home from Carl and Rachel's place. It was getting quite late when we got home, so I basically walked in the door and crawled in to bed. LOL!



On Saturday, Mam and I took Kero for a walk through the park. We were very proud of him, because he allowed me to use the cane while holding his lead, and (other than a couple of times when he stepped back a couple of steps) didn't make a fuss. He even came back to me when I called him. I think it helped that I dropped the cane on the floor when I got home on Friday and never picked it up again until when I got up Saturday morning, which gave him plenty of time to give it a good sniff.



When we got home from the park, we installed Jaws on my PC. It took next to no time to do, so once we'd done a couple of other things we wanted to do (like putting some tacktile blobs on buttons I needed to be able to find easier, and eating lunch) Mam played World Of Warcraft on Kelly's PC while I checked some blogs. The only thing I haven't worked out how to do yet is doing the word verification that some of you have on your blogs. There's meant to be a button to make it say some numbers or something for me to type, but I can't get it to work I had to have Kelly come read the letters for me earlier.. So, those of you with that on your blogs will have to forgive the lack of comments, but it can't be helped at the moment. I also had a bit of trouble making it add a picture for me, and ended up getting Mam to add the picture that's in my Harry Potter book review post. But other than those two things, I think I've managed to work out how to work all the things I need to work to do all the things I usually do online.



Yesterday (Sunday) Kelly, Kero and I went to my parents' place for dinner. We've started to do that every week, because my Mam likes to cook us a roast dinner each week, and we like having a day when we don't really have to do much. LOL! We go up there on a Sunday, and they (Mam and Dad) come down on a Wednesday. Then, after dinner (both days) Kelly and Dad do something together (usually on the computers) and Mam and I do something together (usually involving a walk with the dog, or dogs if Willow is with us).

Yesterday, Mam, Kero, Willow and I went for a walk together. Willow behaved excellently. She left my cane alone, and even nudged my leg gently to get me back in a straight line if I went crooked. Mam and I were very proud of her. In fact, we're very proud of both dogs right now.



Kelly, Kero and I stayed for tea with Mam, Dad, Nan, Wayne and Willow, then Dad drove us home. Mam made cheesecake for tea, which was very nice.



Our washing machine hasn't worked for the best part of a month, so we've been taking our laundry up to my parents' place to do on a Sunday when we're up there. We're having a new one delivered on Wednesday though, so we wont have to do that any more. I bet Mam and Nan can't wait, since it was them having to do my laundry most of the time (it was easier for them to do it since it is their machine).

Today (Monday) I don't really have much to do. Mam was going to come down, but she's tired, so I told her not to. Instead I'm having a lazy day, where I don't have to do anything unless I want to. LOL! Well, unless you count working out the menu and shopping list for the week ready for when Mam takes me shopping tomorrow.

I know I still haven't done those book and movie reviews that I promised to write, but I can't be bothered at this very moment. I think I'd rather go for a little nap right now, to be honest. But I'll get to the reviews soon, honest. I've got some poems to post when I get around to it too.

This will do for now. Have a good day.

Tori

P.S. Happy birthday to everyone who had their birthday over the past month or so.

3 comments:

AliceKay said...

It's great to see you back posting. I'm happy to hear things are going a bit more smoothly with all the adjustments you've had to make in your life.

I just checked my blog settings to see if I had word verification anymore. I was thinking I took that off a long time ago, and I did.

And as I've said before, Tori...you're an inspiration! *hugs*

Tori_Z said...

Thanks AK! *hugs*

The Anonymous said...

Everyone should see this.. http://www.project71.com/readme Enjoyy!