Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Monday & Tuesday = movies & town

I did this really long post, but when I went to publish it the only thing that didn't vanish in to thin air was the title... Weird! Anyway, I'm going to try this again.

I spent most of yesterday (Monday) watching movies.

First I watched "Christmas With The Kranks" and "Scrooged" again. I've watched them both enough so I don't need to say any more about them.

After those two I watched "Chasing Christmas" which is another version of "A Christmas Carol" only with a twist. The ghost of Christmas past decides he's fed up with his job, and after leaving the guy he's meant to be helping somewhere in his past, he runs off to go live his life. So, the ghost of Christmas present has to be sent to the past to bring the man (I think his name was "Jack") back to the present. But, her magic candy cane thing gets broken, so "Jack" and the ghost of Christmas present have to try and persuade the ghost of Christmas past to take them back to the present before it's too late to go back. It's certainly a different and amusing version of Charles Dickens' classic tale, that's for sure. And, yes, I did enjoy it.

After that I watched "Surviving Christmas" which is about a man who doesn't want to spend Christmas alone, so he goes to his childhood home and pays the family that now lives there to pretend to be his family for the holidays. I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy it, but I've seen better.

The last movie I watched last night was the old black and white version of "Miracle On 34th Street" which was pretty good, but not as good as the version with Mara Wilson in. But we discussed that fact when I watched the Mara Wilson version a few days back.

Today (Tuesday) I went in to town with Mam and Dad. Mam had to get a parcel sent off to my Grandma, and do a few other bits in town, so since I needed some shopping done, and her and Dad offered to take me in, I agreed. It gave Kelly a break, anyway.

I topped up my cupboards, fridge, and freezers so we wont need to worry about trying to get in to town to get anything over the holidays. There's a little village shop not far from us, but those shops don't stock everything, and they tend to be a lot more expensive than the supermarkets. So we try not to go there unless we "have to" (like if we run out of milk).

I also got myself a new pair of purple slippers. They're purple with a picture of a dog's head on the toes, and the word "dog" under the picture. I thought they would go with my dressing gown thing that I had for my birthday, which has a picture of a cat on the front with the word "cool" above the picture, and the word "cat" below it. Besides, purple is my favourite colour, so how could I not get them? LOL!

After I got home from town, I went for a nap. And, when I got up I watched "Ice Age 2: The Melt Down" which I know I've mentioned on my blog before, so I wont tell you about it again.

After that I watched "Dennis" A Christmas Story" which is a Christmas movie about that naughty but lovable six year old (Dennis The Menace) and how he almost ruins Christmas when he's trying to bring the Christmas spirit to Mr Wilson. It was a lovely movie... That kid's always good for a chuckle. LOL!

Right now, I'm watching a movie called "Christmas In Boston" which is about two pen pals who plan to meet, but they're scared to meet. So, they send their best friends instead. It's a really good - and quite funny - movie, and I'm quite enjoying watching it.

Anyway, I think that's pretty much everything I wanted to say. Besides, since this is the second time I've written this, I've had enough of typing for one day. LOL!

Tori

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

Isn't it annoying the way Blogger just sorta makes things vanish on you? :\

Sounds like you've been enjoying some really good movies. Love the reviews.

Tori_Z said...

Yes, it is annoying when that happens. It happens with other sites too though.

Glad you enjoyed the movie reviews.

ChicagoLady said...

I think I've seen part of Chasing Christmas, but I've never seen the whole thing. And I think I've seen Christmas in Boston, but I'm not sure. I love watching Christmas movies, lol.

Tori_Z said...

I love watching Christmas movies too! :)