Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pets, trees and other things

Today (Thursday) was Kero's last grooming session for this year. His groomer picked him up just before 9:00 am this morning, and brought him home a little after 1:00 pm this afternoon. I didn't get him cut as short as I usually do, because of how cold it's been lately. But, anyway, here's a photo Kelly took of him for me when Kero got home. Kero's next appointment is March 13th 2008. His groomer will be picking him up again. Unless, of course, we get moved before then and the place we move to turns out to be too far out of her way.

So, I got my Christmas tree. Unfortunately I can't get it to light up. My Mam's going to pop in tomorrow while she's out driving with Laura to take a look at it for me, since Kelly and I don't want to fiddle too much in case we make things worse. At the moment we're working on the theory that either the bulb or the fuse weren't very good, and need to be replaced. This tree is a five foot tall fibre optic one (the other one was only about two feet tall) so it actually costs more than the bulb would this time, so if it is the bulb then this time we'll get a new bulb. I'll be a little annoyed if it is though, because we brought the tree brand new, so you'd think it would work for at least the rest of this year. *Sigh* Anyway, when I get it lit up I'll get Kelly to take a photo for me to put on here for you all to see.

Back on the subject of pets... Chance is doing fine. He hasn't been sick for over a week now, and is actually eating too. We're extremely glad about this, because we were very worried about him. We're still not sure what was wrong (though we have a few possible ideas) but what matters is the fact he's better now.

Wayne came down for a couple of hours today. He was going to watch some of my "Full House" DVDs, but because of where the tree is we couldn't get to them. So, we watched "Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix" instead. I wont bore you with another review of that movie. LOL!

After Wayne left, I was looking for something to watch on TV, only to find that "Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire" (the movie before the one I'd just watched with Wayne) was on. I'm still watching that right now, actually. I've seen the Harry Potter movies time and time again, but I never seem to get tired of watching them.

It's really cold here. My cats are staying in almost all the time (even Sakura, who usually only uses us as a "bed and breakfast" lol). I hope I get some snow soon. It hasn't rained in a couple of days (watch it rain now I've said that) so the ground is dry enough so the snow would probably stick if some would just show up.

*Sings "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas" (the parts I know of it anyway) while trying to figure out if I've got anything else to say*

Can you believe it's less than two weeks to Christmas? The days are just flying by! I'm glad I've got all my Christmas shopping done. I do have a couple of cards I need to get Kelly to write for me though. I got the ones that had to be posted out sorted weeks ago, but still haven't done the ones for the family members that live close to me, or the couple of "family friends" I give cards to. Will have to see if I can get him to write them for me tomorrow.

Right, I think that's everything I've got to say. So.... Enjoy what ever's left of your day.

Tori

4 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

i really hope you get your wish for ( white christmas )you do really deserve it.

glad to hear chance is ok now, its horrible when the pets are poorly.

and that is a bit of a bummer that the tree dont work, i would take it back.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
For one thing, if I took the tree back I'd still have to get another one which still might have the same trouble. For another, if I take it back I might not be able to get another one (most of the shops are out of stock when it comes to trees already). And, for another thing, at least if we get a new bulb or something this year we shouldn't need to next year.

AliceKay said...

I tried to send that snow your way, but I guess it got caught in New England. LOL. (hope you get the tree figured out soon)

Tori_Z said...

AK:
It's obviously got lost somewhere along the way, whether it's New England or somewhere else. LOL!