Thursday, January 31, 2008

Blankets, scones & questions

Neither Kelly nor myself like putting covers on quilts, so we've always had a few fleece blankets on our bed in the place of a quilt. I recently decided, however that there are times when it's just too cold to just have a couple of fleece blankets (especially when you sleep with a blanket stealing dog). So, yesterday we got a nice, warm quilt for our bed. We brought it two covers. One is black on one side and white on the other, the other is a blue that the packaging calls duck egg bblue, and both have matching pillowcases. So, when my Mam and Dad were here yesterday, Mam helped me get the quilt in one of the covers, and last night I was able to crawl in to a nice, cozy bed. I have to say, it was lovely to curl up in such a warm quilt after so long with Kero stealing most of our blankets so we ended up with just one blanket between us while Kero had a little nest he'd made of the others near the bottom of the bed. Also, there's nothing like crawling in to a freshly made bed, which is why I'm not the least bit surprised that I had the best night's sleep I've had in ages last night.

Anyway, Mam made me some scones while she was here yesterday. We (Mam, Dad, Kelly and I) all had one each, fresh from the oven, and dripping with butter, and they tasted so good we wanted more. Before we knew it we'd almost eaten the entire first batch, so Mam made some more so that Kelly and I actually have some for the next few days. LOL!

Even with those scones, we still had our chicken roast dinner. Yes, even the furkids. Mam made Kero such a big dinner that he couldn't even finish it (not that Sakura and Megan minded that, lol!) And there's still some leftover chicken, so we put it in freezer safe containers in our freezer to have another time. Mam and I are planning on having some with a baked potato (and probably some kind of veg) on Monday.

I started listening to "The Hobbit" last night, but between the fact I was a bit tired anyway, and the fact the bed was all cozy and snuggly, I didn't get to hear much of it before falling asleep. Never mind, I'll listen to some more later. It's my audio book, so it's not like there's a big rush to get it finished, is there?

By the way, if you haven't asked your question(s) yet, there's still time. I'll accept questions until such time as the post is not visible on the page when you come to my blog. My blog shows 10 posts per page, so that means that it will take 8 more posts (after this one) for that to happen. That gives you about a week in which to get questions in. I'll check the post each day until that happens, so as long as you post your question before the 8th post is written it will be answered. Or, at least, it will be answered as best as I can. And, yes, you can ask another question if you have already asked one. I don't know if the way Kaylee and her friends are doing it allows more than one question per person, but I've decided that I will put a time limit rather than a question limit on the post. Only one question at a time though. So, wait for one of your questions to be answered before asking another.

I think that's just about everything.

Have a good day :)

Tori

6 comments:

LadyStyx said...

8 entries could take you less than a week with the way you write sometimes though ;)

We've got a blanket hogging poochie also. It doesnt even matter if she's on the bed or not! She's been known to catch the edge of the one she wants if it's hanging low enough (she's a Chihuahua so it's gotta hang pretty low) and pull and roll until most of it is off of us and on the floor for her!!

MMmm the scones sound lovely...
maybe with a nice cuppa tea.

Tori_Z said...

LadyStyx:
Very true. That's why I said "about a week" that way it allows for it not taking a whole week. LOL!

Kero always sleeps on the bed with us (whether we want him on there or not) so we don't have him doing that. Hard to be mad at them when they do something like that really though, isn't it?

That's what I had earlier... Scones with some jam on them and a nice cup of tea. Nice way to start the day in my opinion :)

AliceKay said...

*looks up scone on google* I'm not exactly sure what they are.

Tori_Z said...

AK:
I wasn't sure how to explain a scone, so I asked Kelly, and he says to tell you it's basically like the things you call biscuits. Hope that helps you figure out what one is.

AliceKay said...

mmmmmm...I love biscuits (with lots of butter too) :)

LadyStyx said...

Damn. Y'all just made me all hungry again!

*wanders off for some cinnamon toast and another cuppa tea*