Sunday, January 20, 2008

The weekend

Well, I got back to bed about 6:00 am (ish) Saturday morning, then slept until about 11:30 am. Mam was going to be coming down, but she wasn't feeling too great, so she didn't. I didn't mind though, 'cause I was still really tired, so ended up going back to bed for a couple of hours (slept from about 1:00 pm until about 2:30 pm).

Elizabeth is storing some of her stuff in our spare room while she gets herself sorted with a place. She'll be sleeping here the odd night too, but will be staying with her boyfriend most of the time I expect. We're pretty much just a glorified storage unit. LOL! I know we're trying to get moved too, but in the meantime our spare room was just sitting there doing nothing, and she needed somewhere to put her stuff (and sometimes to sleep), so we figured we'd help her out, and said she can stay with us the nights she doesn't spend with her boyfriend. In return she's cooking for us once a week, and when she's about helping out with any chores we need done.

She came with her stuff Saturday evening, and we've hardly seen her since. She spent last night (Saturday) with her boyfriend, and is with him at the moment. We did meet up with her at my parents' place when we went there for dinner today, but that's about it. She should be back pretty soon though, 'cause she's meant to be sleeping here tonight.

I finished listening to "The Tenderness Of Wolves" by Stef Penney last night. It was an interesting story, though sometimes hard to follow. It was a story about a murder in a small village (I believe it was in Canada somewhere) and how the investigation of it revealed the answers to a few other things people had been seeking answers to. I think it was a pretty good story, but, like I said, it was hard to follow in places, because the story kept switching from past to present happenings, and from one person's point of view to another's, and there was no pattern to it. However, I did find that once I got a little way in to the story and got to know the characters a little it became easier to keep track of who was doing what, where and when, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, today (Sunday) we went to my parents' place for dinner. Mam made a lovely roast beef dinner (beef, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower). And, yes I did enjoy it. I even ate my broccoli. LOL!

We didn't stay much after dinner though, 'cause I wasn't feeling right. I think all the stuff that's been going on over the past few months finally caught up with me or something. Anyway, Mam brought Kelly, Kero and I back home in her car (with her friend Kelly as co-driver) and I went to bed for the afternoon.

It's a shame though, 'cause Kero and Willow were actually being really well behaved and calm. They were both just laying down near our feet, which is normal for Kero, but not for Willow. LOL! I guess they're getting used to each other at last.

Kero was in his element when Mam's friend Kelly showed up, because she went down on the floor with him and was petting him and throwing out compliments like they were going out of style, and since Kero's a very proud little dog, I don't think I need to tell you how much he enjoys when people do that.

Mam's friend Kelly has a Westie named "Brynn" and Mam and Kelly suggested that when the weather gets warmer and dryer we all go to the park for a doggy play-date. Sounds like a good idea, but we'll see if it actually happens. If it does, poor Willow's going to think she's seeing double. Mind you, I doubt she'll mind that, she'll probably think it's the most exciting thing since Christmas. LOL!

Tori

6 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Hope you're feeling better today. Dinner sounded nummy. It's really nice that you're helping Elizabeth out. Sounds like it was a really fair trade so long as she's there once in a while and not always at the boyfriend's house.

KAYLEE said...

who is elizabeth? I am not up to date and hope you are better now :)

AliceKay said...

I hope you're feeling better, too. *hugs*

Tori_Z said...

LadyStyx and AK:
I'm feeling a lot better. Thanks.

LadyStyx:
So far she's shown her face for at least a little while each day. She's cooking tonight. So, so far so good.

Kaylee:
Elizabeth is my "honorarily adopted" little sister. *Sends Kaylee to read "The Family Page"*

Kati said...

LOL Sounds like the dogs will have a good time together.

I hope you're feeling better today Tori! And thank you for the lovely birthday wishes!

Tori_Z said...

Kati:
You're welcome. I would have put them in a blog on your birthday, but I somehow never got around to writing one.