Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sleep, storms and clocks

I did start out going in to detail about all the things that happened to stop me sleeping in after a REALLY bad night, but I decided you probably don't want to sit there and read a whiny post about all that, and I don't really want to write a whiny post about all that either. So, instead I'm just going to say that by about 11:00 am this morning, I was convinced there was some kind of secret plot arranged to prevent me from getting more than 2 & 1/2 hours sleep. LOL!

Anyway...

We've had some nasty weather today. I spent most of the day curled up in a blanket listening to the wind howling outside, and the rain hammering against the windows. I tell you what, I'm glad I didn't have to be outside today! Even Kero decided that a quick trip outside for a pee was more than enough, thank you very much! LOL! Still, we have had some impressive storms lately. Not all of them have included thunder, lightning, etc - some have just been rain storms - but they've still been pretty impressive.

Kelly got me the movie "Ratatouille" for Easter. It only arrived Thursday though. I was going to watch it with Mam today, because she thought it looked good when she saw the trailer for it before, but my Mam ended up not coming to visit, so I didn't watch it. I suppose I could have watched it by myself, or with Kelly, but I guess I just didn't get around to it. Oh, well, it's mine so it's not going anywhere, which means there's no rush really, is there?

I watched "I Will Do Anything" (or is it "I WOULD Do Anything"? It's one or the other anyway) tonight. For those who don't know, it's a show where they're trying to pick a "Nancy" and an "Oliver" to play those characters in the musical "Oliver." It's a pretty good show, though I would have thought it would be easier for us to vote on the best "Nancy" if the girls were actually singing something Nancy would be singing. It's quite difficult to vote on who'd make the best Nancy when they're all singing completely different songs (a lot of which aren't suited for Nancy's character). Still, it's a pretty good show. And the lads who are trying out for the part of Oliver are fantastic. The public doesn't get to vote on the Olivers, only the Nancys. And where as there will only be one Nancy, there will be three Olivers (children have to share a role if the performance is going to happen on a very regular basis, as they aren't allowed to work all the time). The first little boy to get picked to go through to the "Oliver semi-finals" was picked tonight, and he's Welsh. There's a couple of Welsh girls (OK, women, since the youngest ones are 17) in the final 12 Nancys too. The first Nancy gets voted off tomorrow night. I have to say, I wouldn't want to be the one to have to choose who it's going to be!

Been watching American Idol too. Not too bad of a bunch I guess, but I honestly can't say that anyone really stands out for me this year. At this point I think anyone could win it.

For those of you here in the UK... Don't forget the clocks go forward this weekend. I'm not sure if the clocks in the US and Canada change this weekend (sometimes it's the same date, other times it's not) but if they do then I guess there are more of you who need to remember to move your clocks forward an hour before you go to bed tonight.

I can't think of anything else to write, and I'm kinda tired, so I'm going to let this do for today.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day :)

Tori

P.S. Did you participate in Earth Hour 2008?

8 comments:

KAYLEE said...

ARE YOU Ok tori?

I hate life!!!!!!!


I hope you have a better night soon!

Tori_z said...

Kaylee:
I'm OK (unless you count being exhausted from lack of sleep).

I'm sorry you feel that way. you were so happy the other day! What happened?

Kati said...

Hey Tori!!! I hope you get a chance to sit down with your Mom and enjoy Ratatouille soon. It's a cute movie.

I haven't been watching AI this year. None of the contestants REALLY appeal to me. They all seem so phony, somehow.

I did Earth Hour last night. I'm getting ready to do a little post about what I did (or didn't) do last night. *grin*

KAYLEE said...

i dont know i just feel awful :(

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

tori
sorry love i forgot about " earth hour ".

and like you i thought the girls on ( i'll do anything )were a bit false, i did like a couple, and one of the ones i didnt like at all got voted of tonight, :).

hope you get to watch your film soon.

LadyStyx said...

Ratatouille was a cute movie..I really enjoyed it.

American Idol...not a bad bunch but not as good as some of the seasons passed. I just cant really get invested in any one particular kid to cheer for. I do have my favorites, but I highly doubt they'll be the winners this year. Well except the one....he may actually take it all. I wont go into details because I discuss all that in my MySpace spot. The profile page has music on it but the entries themselves dont and they can be accessed from my Blogger as a feed....oh wait they're on my home page...I'll move the feed to the Main Blog so you can access them too.

LadyStyx said...

Oh wait...they're already there...LOL. *gigglez* Damn I need some caffeine. Hardly slept a wink this morning.

Tori_z said...

Kati:
I knew you'd be participating in Earth hour. Will check out your post in a bit. :)

Kaylee:
Sorry to hear that, *hugs*

Grandma:
Naughty, naughty! But, I suppose I can let you off. LOL!

I missed the results show last night, because I "finally" fell asleep for longer than a few minutes at once.

LadyStyx:
You see! Lack of sleep can make you a bit muggle-headed. LOL!

I keep meaning to check out your MySpace, but don't end up getting around to it. Will have to make more of an effort.