Monday, April 14, 2008

Finally, a blog post!

It's not that I haven't had anything to blog about, it's that I've just not gotten around to doing it. I've got loads to say - so grab your cuppa now - but for some reason it took until this morning before I actually got around to even turning the laptop on, let alone writing a blog. Then, of course, I had to get caught up on e-mail and other people's blogs. Anyway, I'm here now. LOL!

So... Where to start. Well...

Went to see the nurse on Thursday to have my blood pressure checked again. It's still not great, but it has gone down a bit. It was 158 over 100 (or something like that) and it's now down to 140 over 90. They'd like it kept an eye on (and they're hoping it'll go down more too) so I've got to go back on April 29th to have it checked again.

They did a bit of fiddling with my asthma inhalers too. They seem to think I'm getting more of the steroid things that are in the inhalers in the evening than I should, but less in the morning than I should. So, the dosage has been split so I have the same in the morning as in the evening. Not sure if it's connected, but since it got changed, I haven't been able to sleep past 7:00 am (regardless of when I go to bed). LOL! Got to go see the nurse to see how that's working out (the inhaler thing, not the sleep thing) on June 5th.

Didn't go in to town on Friday, because it was very wet and I couldn't be bothered. I did have a prescription to pick up, but Kelly offered to do it for me (I've never been in the new chemist, so don't really want to go in by myself yet anyway). Besides, on Saturday Kelly, Kero and I walked in to town to meet my Mam. This was Mam's weekend visiting with me, and Kelly's visiting with my Dad, so Kelly caught the bus to my parents' place, and Mam, Kero and I went 'round town for a bit.

We didn't buy much, but I did get a couple of new t-shirts and a pair of trousers. Nothing special, just a pair of joggers and a couple of sports t-shirts (I think they're "Umbro" but I could be wrong).

Mam and I spent Saturday afternoon sorting a few things around the house (OK, it's a flat, but never mind). My parents got me some fairy stickers to put on my living room walls, so we put them up, and we started sorting out the garden a bit too. There was a fair bit of mess to clean up, but most of that's done now. Mam did a bit of painting out there too. The paint work out there is - apart from what Mam did on the weekend - a bit dull, not to mention in need of touching up, so we (OK, Mam) made a start on fixing it up. Over the next couple of months we're planning on doing some work out there (more painting, planting some more flowers and some herbs, etc).

Saturday evening (after "I'd Do Anything" of course) Mam and I watched Ratatouille, which - for those who don't know - is an animated movie about a rat who loves to cook. I really enjoyed it, though I do think the second half of the movie is more entertaining than the first half. Definately glad I got it though.

Saturday evening was the first show in the new series of "Britain's Got Talent" but it over-lapped "I'd Do Anything" (started 10 minutes after "I'd Do Anything" started) so I watched the repeat Sunday lunch time instead. Mam said she wasn't going to watch it, but she ended up watching all but the first few minutes with me. LOL!

I have one complaint about that show. it is a people's show, and I don't think a dog should be allowed to audition. Yes, OK, I admit it, the dog was good. But she's a DOG! There are plenty of pet shows where she can show off, why is she in a people talent show? I'm surprised Simon Cowell allowed her to be a possible candidate for moving on to the next round. I wouldn't have. Like I said, she IS talented. She can walk on her back legs... Backwards too! She even bowed at the end of her performance. But when it comes down to it, a dog should be in a pet contest, not a people contest. It'd be like a canary auditioning for "American Idol" just because it can sing.

Anyway...

We "finally" have a date for when we're having the carpets done. The guy is coming on April 30th. So, only a couple of weeks now. Then we can get started with unpacking properly. YAY!

I've got a load of tape stuff for my braille labeler thingy so that when we're unpacking the movies and CDs we can get them labelled for me. I figure that way we can just sort them once instead of putting them on the shelves just to take them down to label them later.

OK, what else... Oh, yeah...

I took Kero for a walk along by the river today. We - sometimes Kelly and I, other times Mam and I - have taken him along there before, but today was my first time taking him by myself. Not only that, but it was my first time walking him by myself since late September. It wasn't planned or anything, Kero and I were just out in the back garden, and I was thinking it was a shame to be cooped up on a lovely day like today (it's been one of those Spring days when it's beautiful and warm and sunny, but with a slight breeze to keep it from getting too warm). So, I just decided I "needed" to go for a walk, and figured Kero'd probably be up for one too, which it turned out I was right about, because Kero was more than happy to come for a walk with me. And what a lovely walk it turned out to be! Sakura came with us, and we all enjoyed our lovely, peaceful stroll beside the river.

I can't let Kero loose on the walk like I could where we lived before because there's nothing stopping him running off the path and in to people's gardens on this walk, and I don't think people would appreciate him doing who knows what on their lawns. Besides, I can't let him loose when I'm on my own anyway, because otherwise I can't keep track of him if he's not on the end of the lead. That doesn't matter in the house or in our own yard, but it does on a public walk.

Right, well, I think that covers just about everything. All I have left to say is... "Belated happy birthday to Corinne and Lucas." Corinne is a friend of mine, and her birthday was Thursday (April 10th) and Lucas is Kirstee's son, and he turned 2 yesterday (Sunday April 13th). I think those are the only birthdays I missed. Will check before I do my next blog and mention any others then.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

It sure sounds like you've been keeping yourself very busy, Tori. I hope the BP continues on the down side. Nice to hear you've taken that first walk with Kero by yourself, too. I'm sure he loved the walk along the river with you.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

what an interesting " blog " tori, and i was so pleased to read that you had taken the first steps to going out by yourself with kero for a walk, and lovely to hear you both enjoyed it, i think some how that it wont be the last walk you will do with just you and kero " well done to you ", xx.

it must be really great knowing that the carpet will soon be layed, then once everything is sorted you will feel you have your home back at last.

KAYLEE said...

Well i hope that bp continues to go down!!!!!!!!!

Intense Guy said...

:) Glad to hear the blood pressure is dropping!

Kero is a lucky dog, the walk he took sounds like a perfect place for a canine.

Tori_z said...

AK:
I'm sure he enjoyed it as much as - if not more than - me.

Grandma:
Thanks :)

Kaylee:
I hope it does too. :)

Iggy:
Yeah, it seems like a great walk. I expect he enjoyed the big park where he could run free more though. Mind you, he's probably just glad to be outside, lol!

Karen said...

Glad you are managing to keep yourself busier.
I enjoyed the weekend helping to get the place sorted for you.
Although I didn't like the help the dog and cats gave me when I was trying to paint the doorstep!
Mam xx

Tori_z said...

Mam:
No, I didn't think you did. LOL!