Monday, April 28, 2008

This and that

This photo was taken some time last week.






Sorry I haven't posted a blog - or even checked anyone else's blogs - over the weekend. I had neither the time nor the inclination to do so. No offence, and I'm sure if you read the post I did before this one you will understand why I say that.



Anyway...



Some time last week (I think it was Thursday evening) I finished listening to "The Lost Years" by Evie Thompson, which was one of the audio books I borrowed from the library a little over a week ago. The story was about a man named "Peris" and what happened in his life during the first world war. It turned out to be a really good story. Very sad in places, but an enjoyable story over-all.

I didn't end up going in to town on Friday morning, because I was waiting for a phone call I couldn't afford to miss. As it turned out I would have been back in more than enough time to catch it, but I always think it's best to be safe than sorry in situations like that. I had considered going in later, but as the phone call never came until about 5:00 pm it was too late by that time.

And - talking of Friday - the rain I said would come because I had plans to do some washing DID come. It stayed nice long enough for me to get a load washed and on the line. The stuff was drying nicely too. And then... The rain came down so suddenly and heavily the stuff was soaked before I could get to it. Kero and I had just started out on a walk when it started to rain. That plan was quickly aborted however, since Kero does NOT go walkies in the rain. He loves to go for walks, but not enough to put up with getting wet. We barely got out of the gate before he turned tail and headed back for home. I can't say I wasn't eager to follow him either. LOL!

Saturday was lovely though, so Mam and I started to tidy up the garden. We cut the grass (though, because it had been left so long it needs to be done again so it's actually done properly) and that sort of thing. Still a ways to go, but it's a start. :)

We'd planned on watching "Alvin And The Chipmunks" after "I'd Do Anything" and "Britain's Got Talent" were finished, but we never got to it. I'd said if we didn't watch it then I'd watch it by myself today (Monday) but I didn't end up doing that either. *Shrugs* Oh, well. I'll just watch it some other time.

Tomorrow I'm having my blood pressure checked again, and Wednesday the carpets are coming, so we had to make a start on getting stuff out of the way for the carpets to be put down today. Between my appointment with the nurse and the fact Kelly needs to go in to town and get some shopping done our time for getting stuff out of the way is limited. And, the carpet man is coming at about 10:00 am Wednesday morning, so without getting up with the sun we don't have much time to do anything before he comes Wednesday.

OK, well... I think that's all I wanted to say.

Well, apart from wishing our friends Jackie and Denise belated happy birthdays. Jackie's was April 26th (Saturday) and Denise's was April 27th (Sunday). So, a belated but very happy birthday wish to both of you. :)

Tori

8 comments:

KAYLEE said...

oh tori i am sorry you are so sad but, I hope that You diiscover that you made the right decision in the end on the cats! Are they at least in good homes? I hope your blood pressure turns out more normal this time HUGS!!!!!! :)

LadyStyx said...

Our Chihuahua doesnt like the rain much either. She doesnt even enjoy dew on the grass, but then again with her being so low to the ground the grass manages to whack her in the bum when she goes to do her business....

Tori_z said...

Kaylee:
The vet says they are. The woman who they told me they were planning on sending them to has rescued a cat from them before, but he got old and sick and died not too long ago. I don't know more than that, and probably never will.

LadyStyx:
Yeah, that would be annoying. Poor thing! What makes me laugh with Kero though is that he HATES rain and stuff like that, but LOVES snow. Daft dog! LOL!

KAYLEE said...

Well I am glad to hear that! And have you heard from marmitetoasty recently?

AliceKay said...

Cute pic of Kero. :)

Intense Guy said...

Kero has a great sense of balance! I bet he is wondering where his cat buddies have gone - he looks a wee bit lost.

My dog used to love the rain and snow. The wetter the better - she was a border collie / black lab mix - I got her from the humane society. She took about 8 towels to get dried out. She loved taking baths and showers too. Other than the fact she go the whole house damp afterwards, I sure didn't mind giving her baths.

Hope your blood pressure is better - but if not, you've been under a bit of stress of late. Hope things get easier soon.

Tori_z said...

Kaylee:
Got an e-mail from her over the weekend thanking me for the card I sent her. She's not doing as well as she'd hoped she would be at this point.

Tori_z said...

AK:
Thanks :)

Iggy:
Yeah, he can balance well... For a bit. Problem is he sometimes forgets he's balanced on something narrow and falls off through not being careful. And, yeah, he probably is wondering where his kitties are. Sakura especially was often cuddling and playing with him.

Thanks... I hope things settle down for me soon too. It's just been one thing after another the past year or so.