Friday, May 23, 2008

Kero's 4th birthday


Yep. That's right. My little boy is four years old today! Seems like only yesterday I was picking up a 9 & 1/2 week old Westie puppy from a breeder. Now it's almost four years later, and that little puppy has grown in to a big dog. But not just any dog. Nope! He's my baby. And, I can't believe he's already four!
The pic above is one Kelly took for me this morning of Kero with his birthday cards (the big one's from us, the little one's from my Grandma and Grandad) and the rawhide treats we got him. My Grandma and Grandad sent him some money in his card, so when Kelly went in to town to get this week's veg from the market, Kelly used it to buy him a tub of meat flavoured chews and a new football (the one my Mam got him a little while back - which was meant as an early birthday present - is already looking like it's in need of retirement. LOL!) We didn't get a photo of him with his new ball though.
OK, yeah, I know some of you probably think I'm weird celebrating my dog's birthday as if he was a kid. But, I don't care! I'm going to keep on doing it anyway! :)
Anyway...
Kelly took Kero to the park this afternoon for a bit of a run around. They didn't stay out long though. It turns out Kero's figured out that the gate is easy to open, and he decided that visiting a pretty little local dog (Kelly was told by the owner that it was a girl) was much more fun than playing in a field. They spent only a few seconds in the field by the park, but a good five minutes with Kero running down the street to visit the dog, and Kelly running after him. For some reason, after that Kelly wasn't all that eager to let Kero loose again. So, they came home. LOL!
Tori

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I got to say, that'a a cute dog picture! and the big birthday card is enough to make me jealous :)

And to top it off, he has a lady friend too - your little "man" is growing up Tori!!

LadyStyx said...

Happy Birthday Kero!!

I understand what you mean by celebrating the furbabies' birthdays. Non-pet people just dont get it. Dharma's birthday was on the 17th and Katy's is in a few months. We dont celebrate per se, but we do make sure to wish them a happy birthday and give them a little extra attention on their special day.

KAYLEE said...

AWWW happy birthday to him :)

Kati said...

Happy Birthday Kero!

Tori_z said...

Kero says thanks all, :)

Iggy:
Yep, my little man is growing up.

LadyStyx:
Awww... well, happy belated birthday to Dharma, and early happy birthday to Katie. :)

AliceKay said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kero.

Kero is a member of your family, just as if he were your child, so you go right ahead and celebrate it anyway you want. I'm sure Kero loved it. :)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

glad kero had a lovely birthday and big XXx from gr/grandma & grandad to kero.

and we pet lovers love our little furbie babies and there is nothing wqrong with that. :).