Saturday, June 28, 2008

The cleverness of a certain blogger & other stuff

The first thing I want to say in this post is, "thank you Iggy," because he is the "certain blogger" mentioned in my title. And why is he clever? Well... Those of you who read Iggy's blog will probably know. But - for the benifit of everyone else - I'll tell you.

A couple of days ago Iggy did a post about "bridging the gap" and making everything accessable to those to whom it is not due to a disability or something. You see Iggy - like many bloggers - posts a lot of photos on his blog. Photos which, of course, I can't see.

Anyway - to cut a long story short - Iggy appears to have found a way to get around that. I'm pretty sure I know how he's done it... It's so simple, and yet so clever! What gets me is that I never even thought of it. The amount of times I've scrolled down past photos...And I never even thought of it! Iggy... You're a genius (and, btw, your descriptions are excellent).

Anyway...

I've had a lazy sort of day today. I had a bad night last night and didn't sleep too well, so I didn't really have the energy to do anything. I've got some laundry I should have done, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow... It's too late to put the washing machine on now (It's about 9:30 pm and our washing machine is quite noisy).

When I got up this morning I put the TV on to see if there was anything good on. There wasn't! So instead I listened to the couple of CDs that I hadn't listened to yet from the ones Mam and I made last weekend.

I also listened to about 1/4 of "Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix" which I recently got on audiobook. I did have the entire Harry Potter set as print books, but Mam now has my set (Kelly already had a set) and I'm trying to get the whole set on audio CD... I just need book 6 (Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince) then I've got the whole set... All complete and unabridged. Anyway, book 5 is quite long. The 1/4 of it I've listened to was 6 disks. Bearing in mind each disk is an hour or so long! Only about another 18 disks to go... That should keep me busy for a couple of days... LOL!

So... Anyway...

I was just thinking about how fast the days are going by. June is already almost over. This time next month Carl and Rachel will be making sure all the last minute details are sorted for their wedding, and I'll be packing to go to Norwich for it. We're traveling up to Norwich on Harry Potter's birthday.

I can't believe how close their wedding date is... And I haven't even brought my clothes for the wedding yet! I know basically what I'm going to be wearing. I've just got to get someone to take me to get it. I need some new shoes too. I think Mam's taking me to get the new clothes I need in a couple of weeks.

Damn!

I stopped writing this post to go make a cup of tea - and Kelly wanted a cup of coffee - and now I've lost my train of thought. *Shrugs*... Oh well, I guess since I can't think what else I was gonna say I might as well let this do for today and hit that "publish" button.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

8 comments:

LadyStyx said...

LOL! I hear you on the the train derailling. I've been working on an entry for 3 days now. I get sidetracked or have to step away from the computer for a moment and *poof* everything I had organized in my mind dissappears.

Ya know, I had been into iggy's blog and saw the pix....read along and scrolled down. When I got in here and you mentioned he'd done something different...well I had to go back and see what he'd done differently. *nods* Definitely very clever.

Tori_z said...

LadyStyx:
Glad it's not just me... LOL! Good luck getting that entry finished. *winks*

The way Jaws tells me there are photos means I noticed what he'd done straight away. I wonder if maybe he remembered me saying what I get when there are photos and that's what gave him the idea? I know I mentioned it in the comments of MarmiteToasty's blog recently... *Shrugs*... Well, whatever gave him the idea, it was a good one. :)

LadyStyx said...

More than likely. Iggy's extremely observant. I figured out how he did it so I'll *try* and remember to do it with my blogs as well.

Intense Guy said...

*smiles at Tori*

I don't know what gave me the idea - I was thinking, hmmm, well can I post a sound file or .. make the pictures a movie with sound? and then someone turned on the lightbulb upstairs.

I read way back in the dark ages (the early internet days) that they used the "alt" tag for photos to post a description for those people that had really slow modem and shut off the images -

I'm just thrilled it works :) If anyone else wants to try it, I can try to explain what I did if they want me to.

*Hugs*

Tori_z said...

Well, thanks again Iggy. :)

Intense Guy said...

You are very very welcome.

AliceKay said...

I guess I'm in the dark because I have no idea what you all are talking about when it comes to posting pics. Sorry, Tori...but I have tons of pics to post and not much time to do them so I post them the best I can (when I can find the time). :(

Tori_z said...

AK:
Don't worry about it. I really appreciate what Iggy is doing, but I do understand that not everyone has the time to fiddle about like that. Besides, it's your blog so you can post what you want on it, can't you? I already told you when you said about the fact you were posting a lot of pics before that you should go ahead and do so. If I don't know what they are I just wont comment on them... Simple as that! :)