Monday, June 09, 2008

Crocodiles, tortoises and sheds

It's been another beautiful, sunny day today. Actually, - weatherwise - today was better than yesterday, because it was beautiful and warm without being too hot. It's amazing how much difference a bit of a breeze makes, isn't it?

Anyway...

Last night, I listened to two more of the stories from the Roald Dahl set I mentioned some time last week.

The first was "The Enormous Crocodile" and was about a crocodile who wants to have a nice juicy child for lunch, which all the other animals think is very cruel. Can't say more than that about it without giving anything away though.

The other one was "Esio Trot" and was about a retired man who loves the widdow who lives below him. But, he's too shy to tell her. So, when she tells him that she wishes her beloved tortoise would grow, he comes up with a plan to impress her.

I really enjoyed both stories. :)

Anyway...

I ordered my new labeler today. It WAS in stock, and they told me it should be with me in "about 5 days." Of course, this depends on the postal service. But, at least it's on the way. I ordered more labeling tape too, because I'm getting really low again, and I know for a fact I don't have enough to finish the labeling with what I have here.

This afternoon, Kelly and I cleaned out the garden shed. The one we keep all the garden tools and such in. We'd put some things in there that needed to be thrown out, saying we'd "sort them later" - but, of course, later didn't come - and we thought that since they've been there for about two months now it was time to get them "sorted out." Besides, the rubbish men come in the morning, so today's a good day to do that sort of thing.

Haven't really done anything else today. So, I don't really have anything else to say. Well, except...

Today's my Mother-In-Law (Jenifer)'s birthday. So, I just thought I'd say "happy birthday" to her on here. :)

Tori

7 comments:

KAYLEE said...

OH coOL :) how are you?

Intense Guy said...

Both stories, the one with the Crocodile and the one with the tortoise sound intriguing. I'm putting both of those on my reading list.

Thanks!

LadyStyx said...

Happy Birthday to Tori's MIL!!

Tori_z said...

Kaylee:
I'm doing OK. You?

Iggy:
Cool! :) They're only short stories, but really funny (or, I think so too).

Tori_z said...

*Didn't mean to put the "too" in there*

KAYLEE said...

ok!

AliceKay said...

I hope your mother-in-law had a nice birthday.