Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Food, "Full House" and foxes

Yep... That basically sums up my day. LOL!

Mam and Dad came down for the afternoon and early evening - like they do most Wednesdays now - and we all tried a recipe my Mam had found for a "warm bacon salad" (I think that's what it's called). I have to admit, I hadn't really been looking forward to trying it, but it turned out to be pretty good. Although Mam and I agreed (and, so did Kelly when I asked him his oppinion afterwards) that it would have been better with some warm veggies rather than the cold lettuce the recipe called for. The lettuce just didn't seem right with the rest of it. That was our opinion anyway... Others may feel differently. Either way, I'll see about getting Mam to read the recipe out for me to put on our recipe page on the weekend, so then you can try it for yourself some time. If you want to, that is.

Anyway...

I did end up watching a movie last night. It was "It Takes Two" but I wont post about it, because I'm sure I've mentioned it on here before. It's one of the movies I can watch over and over again without getting sick of it. Mind you, there are a lot of movies I can do that with. LOL!

Then, today (Wednesday) my "Full House - Season 7" DVDs arrived. So, after my Mam and Dad left I sat and watched the first disk (1/4 of the series). I don't think I need to tell you that I enjoyed that. LOL!

I also listened to "Fantastic Mr Fox" by Roald Dahl. It's only a short story, which is about three farmers who get sick of losing their animals to this fox, so they decide to try and catch him. But, of course, "Mr Fox" is too clever for them. It's a cute little story, and I enjoyed it. Mind you, I'm a big fan of Roald Dahl's stories, so it stands to reason that I'd enjoy it.

The little story collection I brought the other day (which arrived today) contains four of Roald Dahl's stories... "Fantastic Mr Fox" "The Enormous Crocodile" "Esio Trot" and "The Giraffe And The Pelli And Me"... All short stories. I'm planning on listening to the other three some time in the next week or so, and will tell you about each one as I listen to it.

Hope everyone is happy and well today. :)

Tori

3 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sure sounds like you have enough to keep you entertained for awhile. Always good to have something you enjoy. :) I liked "It Takes Two", too.

I think I'll pass on the salad. LOL

Kaylee said...

i am home :)

Tori_z said...

AK:
Yes, it is. :)

Kaylee:
Glad to hear it. :)