Sunday, June 01, 2008

"I'd Do Anything" and other stuff

WOW! It's June already! The months are just flying by, aren't they? The way time is flying by, pretty soon it'll be Christmas again. In fact, people are already talking about things they'd like for Christmas, and what they're planning on doing to celebrate it.

Anyway...

Yesterday (Saturday) was the final of "I'd Do Anything" and Mam was down for the weekend, so we watched it together. First to be out was Samantha, which I was pleased about because it meant that it was between Jessie and Jody. It was Jody I wanted to win, but I did want to see Jessie in the final two. And, guess what? JODY WON!!! So... Jody is the new Nancy, and will be starring along-side Gwyon, Harry and Lawrence (the three lads playing Oliver) when the musical begins showing in about six months time.

So... I was pleased with the results. Not as pleased as Mam though, it seems. Seriously, if she'd cheered any louder we'd have had people knocking on the door asking if she was OK. LOL! Poor Kero got scared with all the noise she was making (not to mention the fact she jumped up suddenly, and he was laying between us on the sofa) and he hid under Kelly's computer desk for quite a while.

After the results show, Mam and I watched "Flushed Away" I've seen it before, and I'm sure I mentioned it on here then, so I'm not going to bother doing so again. It was Mam's first time watching it though, and she LOVED it! She actually sat and watched the whole movie right through (VERY rare for her, especially since she'd been watching TV for a bit before we put the movie on). And, she actually told Dad she'd willingly watch the movie again with him (he hasn't seen it yet). That's rare for her too. Normally she watches a movie once then wont watch it again because she's seen it. LOL!

"Britain's Got Talent" is over now too. I didn't think much of the acts this year, so I didn't bother wasting my money voting for them. The guy who won (I can't remember his name) did a sort of Michael Jackson impersonation act, but with a bit of a twist. Wayne thought he was fantastic, and was glad he won. Personally, I think he was just "OK" - just like the rest of them - and don't think it really matters when there wasn't really anyone who stood out as being "awesome" anyway. The young lad (Andrew something) who came third was pretty good. But, though he was a great singer I knew he wouldn't come first because the style of music he sings isn't exactly popular these days.

That's it for TV shows for me for a bit. The only ones on to watch now wont get much of a mention - if they even get mentioned at all - because they're either re-runs or something that's on so often I don't give them much thought. LOL!

Anyway...

Mam, Dad, Nan, Wayne and Willow came to us for dinner today (Sunday). Mam cooked a beef dinner for us all (beef, yorkshire puddings, parsnips, roast potatoes, carrots, cabbage, broccoli and gravy). She enjoys cooking, and we're all happy to let her do it. Especially when there are six humans and two dogs to feed. LOL! Anyway, it was really nice.

Mam, Dad, Wayne, Nan and Willow went home an hour or so after dinner. I think Mam was kinda tired, and I know I was. That's why I went for a nap after they left. LOL!

Hmm... I think that's everything I wanted to say today. So... Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

5 comments:

KAYLEE said...

nice day :)

Kati said...

*grin* I'm happy to hear that your Mom enjoyed "Flushed Away". It's certainly a cute movie.

Your "Beef Dinner" sounds very yummy! It definitely sounds like you're Mom's a great cook. It's a good thing she enjoys it so much, since y'all like eatting her cooking so much. *wink*

Glad you had a good Sunday, Tori!

AliceKay said...

I loved "Flushed Away" too. Really cute movie.

Sure sounds like a full day. Glad to hear everyone had a nice time. I wish I had someone who loved to cook around here because I sure don't. LOL

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well you all seemed to have had a lovely time, what with films etc.

and "WOW" its hard to believe that your mam actually sat still long enough to watch the movie and then some telly,lol.

and it must have been lovely to have every one down for sunday lunch, and it sounded great.

LadyStyx said...

Yes, the days are simply flying by. I guess I should get my wishlist in Amazon updated as Christmas will be here before I know it.

YAY on your fav winning the competition.

Ohhh dang...ya made me hungry again. *sigh* Better go grab something a bit more than the banana I had for breakfast I guess.

Loved Flushed Away too. Hmmm *waddles downstairs to pull it out for later*