Thursday, July 10, 2008

Three weeks today...

... I will be in a hotel room in Norwich.

Why? Because three weeks on Saturday is Carl and Rachel's wedding... It's hard to believe it's so close! They must be extremely excited... Not to mention stressed beyond belief!

I have to say (and, Rachel, I mean this in the nicest way) hearing about everything they're having to get done - not to mention how much it's all costing - is making me very glad that Kelly and I just had a small, quiet wedding. But, hey, if that's what they want... It's their wedding day, after all. :)

Anyway...

I told you last week that I got my clothes for the wedding. The only thing I needed was a hat. I wouldn't normally bother with a hat when dressing for something like a wedding, but I know I'm going to need something to shield my eye on the day, and I don't think a baseball cap would go with my outfit. LOL! Anyway, I happened to mention this to my Grandma, so she very kindly sent me a hat she had that she thought I might like and that she thought - from the descriptions I gave her - would go with my outfit. It arrived yesterday (Wednesday) and Mam and I both think it will do nicely. It'll shield my eye while still looking like it belongs, if you know what I mean. So that'll save me going out and buying a hat. :)

There was another thing I needed though. But this thing wasn't an item of clothing. Nope. It was a suitcase. The small suitcase I had was lent to someone and I never got it back, and the big one is much to big for just one person to use (I could almost fit in it). So Kelly went out and brought me a new set of cases on Tuesday. It's a set with two different sized suitcases and a shoulder bag type thing. The biggest suitcase in the set isn't much smaller than the big one we already had, but the other one is just the right size for me to use for the time I'll be away for the wedding. And the bag is just right for carrying some books and stuff for the car journey. And the whole set only cost £12 (that's a little over $20 US) because the place he went to has a sale on because of it being so close to what they call "the miner's fourtnight" (which is the last week in July and the first week in August, and is the time when most people go away on their Summer holidays). So not bad, I think. :)

Anyway...

I've already packed my clothes for the wedding in the case. I figured it would stop them getting dirty or anything if I put them away. And, what better place to put them than in the suitcase? Especially since - as I've already mentioned - this time in three weeks I'll be in the hotel already.

Kelly's not coming to the wedding. He'd have liked to come (and we'd have liked him to come) but all the people we could trust to have Kero for the amount of time we'd need a puppy-sitter are going to the wedding too. And before anyone suggests it, a kennel is not an option. So Kelly's staying behind with Kero.

I'll be away from Thursday July 31st until Monday August 4th. And, no, I wont have internet access while I'm away. I might see if I can figure out the thing blogger does where you can arrange posts to be published on a future date though so I can post a little post on the day of the wedding to say "congratulations" and all that. But unless I do that there wont be any posts from me for almost a week.

Anyway... I think that's enough of my nonsense for one day. Don't you? LOL!

So... Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

12 comments:

KAYLEE said...

SOunds nice :)

whimsical brainpan said...

Woot on the new hat and suitcases! I hope you have a great time at the wedding.

AliceKay said...

That was nice of your grandma. :) Good idea about the suitcase packing, too. And the price for the suitcase set sounds like a bargain. Way to go, Kelly.

Intense Guy said...

Durn. I wish I could doggy-sit Kero, Daisy AND, if he is still around, Spud!

The hat sounds glamorous - maybe you have gloves to go with them?

Intense Guy said...

By the way, Tori, my parents are touring near Swansea today. I believe they are to see the Whitford Point, Burry Port, and St. Ann's Head Lighthouses today (Friday) and end the day in Carmarthen.

I think tomorrow they go to Tenby Harbour and Caldey Island Lighthouse. It's a lighthouse tour if you haven't gathered that yet, LOL.

LadyStyx said...

How nice of gramma to send a hat for you to wear. Im so glad it works nicely with your outfit. I still have to go get one for the wedding Im going to on August 2nd. I have a nice outfit in the closet but it's black and white and I really dont want to wear it to a wedding.

As for the posting....Kelly might have to do it for you as Im not sure what all your reader program catches and what it doesnt. Anyhow, at the bottom of the area where you type there is a link on the left that says "Post Options". If you click that, it'll give you another small box. To the left of the box is the permissions for comments (whether to allow them or not for that particular post) and on the right allows you to change the date and time. I would guess that if you were to write the entry now and change the date for the day of the wedding that it wont post it until then. It's done it when I adjusted the time that way so I'm thinking the date will work the same.

Kati said...

Glad to hear that plans are coming together nicely. I'm glad your Gram found a hat that will suit your wedding-goer-outfit nicely. And best of luck with the packing!

Have a FABULOUS Saturday, Tori!!! (I say saturday because by the time you read this, it WILL probably be Saturday. *grin*)

Tori_z said...

Thanks for the comments all. :)

Iggy:
Daisy isn't an issue because she's not ours and Eleri and Faye aren't coming to the wedding. We'd ask them to have Kero but we don't really know them enough to ask them for a favour like that. And "Spud" is still around, but wont be for much longer... He's on the menu for Sunday's dinner. :)

That's cool about your parents. :)

Gloves aren't going to happen. I'm only wearing the hat because I "have to" because of the light with my eye. Besides, I need to be able to use my hands freely.

LadyStyx:
Thanks for the info. :)

Hope you find a nice outfit for the wedding you're going to really soon.

Kati:
I just about got to the comments before it was Saturday. :)

LadyStyx said...

No problem.

I hope so too. There's only one "fat lady" shop nearby so fingers are crossed that they'll have something nice. im going to get it about a week before the wedding. Last thing I need to do is buy it now and manage to gain or lose weight beforehand to the point it doesnt fit properly. I may go get the shoes next week though so they have time to break in some. It's hard to get ones that are comfy and fit my feet properly (mom said I have Fred Flintsone feet...short and wide).

Tori_z said...

LadyStyx:
I've been crafty. I got something with a bit of room in, but an adjustable belt so I could pull it in if by some miracle I lost a bit of weight. :)

I have the same problem with shoes, so I tend to stick to wearing a smart pair of trainers instead. With a trouser suit you can get away with it (I NEVER wear skirts or dresses) and I figure that if people are looking at my feet then they're really rude anyway, so their opinions aren't important. Besides, I do need to feel comfortable, don't I?

Intense Guy said...

I just meant I would be sure Daisy got her once a week snack treat right on schedule while you were away. :)

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Ah... OK. :)

In that case... When are you arriving to puppy sit? LOL!