Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Eleri's Dad

As the whole world embraces Autumn/Fall, and acknowledges that the year is waning and Winter is on its way, it's clear that nature isn't the only thing slipping in to darkness and experiencing death. All around us there are reminders that human beings - like the rest of nature - must one day reach the end of their life cycle.

I'm sure from that first paragraph you can guess where this post is going.

At least some of you may remember me mentioning Eleri (my neighbour from upstairs)'s Dad and how he had cancer and didn't have long to live. Well, on Saturday October 11th 2008 he lost his battle with the cancer, which had spread quickly throughout his body in the past couple of months.

I found out yesterday.

I really feel for Eleri and her family at the moment. It was only in May of this year that Eleri's mother passed on (also from Cancer, I believe). And now her Dad... *Sigh*... It really makes you think about how lucky you are to still be living and breathing, doesn't it?

Tori

6 comments:

Celticspirit said...

Awwww sorry to hear that Tori. For myself I do not tend to see death as an ending but more of a beginning or a transition back home and then another lifetime if we so choose. However we believe, it's still a very difficult process for those left behind.

AliceKay said...

What a coincidence, Tori. That was the same day my friend's husband passed away from his cancer. My condolences to you and your friend's family.

KAYLEE said...

OMG am I gunnna DIe?

ChicagoLady said...

My condolences to Eleri and her family.

Tori_z said...

Thanks all. I'm sure Eleri and her family appreciate your thoughts, condolences, etc.

Barb:
That was what I was trying to get across with the comparison to the seasons and the waning year.

Kaylee:
Not necessarily. My Nan had cancer years and years ago (either when I was very small or before I was born... Not sure which) and is now 80 years old and still going strong. Some people are able to beat the cancer, others aren't. You've just got to hope you're one of the ones that can beat it, and fight it as best you can. *Hugs*

LadyStyx said...

My condolences to Eleri.