Sunday, November 16, 2008

I don't know... (R/WP)

I've spent so much of the past few months either in hospital or under instructions from the doctor not to do anything (in hopes resting will help me heal quicker) that it's given me loads of time to think. Yeah, I know... "Uh-oh!" LOL!

Two years ago I was doing streams at "The Wolven"... I loved doing my streams. They gave me something to do that gave some enjoyment to others. And I'd decided that I was going to go do some sort of class at a local colege or something. I actually did start doing one. But then the headaches started.

I put them down to eye strain. So I stopped doing things in the order I could bear to part with them. First I quit the colege class, then I quit doing my streams... And so on. Until the day came when I had to admit that it was time to accept that the doctors' predictions were coming true. Several years late, but still...

And now? Now I don't know what to do with myself!

I can't do the streams because I can't hear Jaw's attempts at telling me what's on the screen while music is playing on the computer. I can't do the classes in the colege because, by the time they got the items required so I could do the class, the class would be at least half over... And that's if I could find somewhere I could get to that does something I'd want to or be able to do, since most places close enough to get to easily seem to do at least mostly computer classes or art classes. But I want to do something... I just don't know what.

I feel like I'm stood on a path with loads of different paths leading off it that I could take, but I don't know which to take... Nor how to decide which path is the best one for me.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is... Just a bit of a rant, I guess... *Shrugs*

Tori

8 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Sometimes you just have to choose a path, not knowing if it's the right one, but making the choice yourself, and see where it takes you.

LadyStyx said...

Have you considered online courses? You could do them on the computer with the Jaws program....

KAYLEE said...

awwww I am so sorry tori! I love you!

Celticspirit said...

Hey I'm a lot older than you and I still don't know what I want to do.

AliceKay said...

You'll figure it out sooner or later, Tori, then I'm sure it'll be full speed ahead for you and the path you've chosen. Good luck. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

Hmm... I can see it now - Tori Z, scriptwriter for Harry Potter the animated series...

You know you can write - and there are lots of different sorts of writing... just one of many things you can do...

Jess said...

Hmmmmm.
I don't know what you really want to do, so I'm not sure how to advise you. You could do some writing or walking or something.
I've always wanted to write a play. Maybe this appeals?
Anyway, I think you need some kind of big project. how about learning a language? You could do that with an online course or school like ladystyx says!

Tori_z said...

Thanks for the comments all. :)

I did consider an online course, but none of them jump out and say "learn me!" (If you know what I mean).

As for the writing side of things... I've wondered a few times about trying to get my poems published.