Monday, January 05, 2009

The Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness

The Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness is a series of books by Michelle Paver. The series is set 6000 years ago (in the stone age) and is about a boy called Torak and his struggles against the forces of evil that killed his father.

I discovered this set by accident when out shopping with my Mam and Dad a couple of months ago, but I've only recently gotten around to listening to them. I've so far listened to the first four books in the series, and found that they were a very good find! This is an excellent series, and I can't wait to listen to book five, and for book six to come out! :)

The books in the series are:

1. Wolf Brother
2. Spirit Walker
3. Soul Eater
4. Outcast
5. Oathbreaker

And book 6 - which is due for release on September 3rd 2009 - is, if I'm not mistaken, called Ghost Hunter.

I have it on good authority (from an interview with Michelle Paver herself on the last disk of "Spirit Walker" after the end of the story) that there are only the six books in the series.

If you haven't already read it then I highly recommend that you do! :)

Tori

13 comments:

Celticspirit said...

They sound good. The only stone age books I have ever read were the Clan Of The Cave Bear series. Those were pretty good too.

Tori_z said...

Barb:
Yes, that's a fantastic series too. :)

Kaylee said...

tori what is this deleted picture thing that doesnt let me read the first paragraph of the post?

Tori_z said...

Kaylee:
No idea what you're talking about... Sorry.

LadyStyx said...

Been getting it here for the last few days too Tori. Might wanna have Kelly look into it for ya. If it helps, Im sure one of us can get a screen capture off our computers to show Kelly what we're seeing...

Intense Guy said...

I've recently read Madeleine L'Engle's "A Wrinkle in TIme" and the other three books in the series called the "Time Quartet".

You would probably enjoy "A Swiftly Tilting Planet" and "A Wind in the Door" a lot if you've not read them yet.

Kaylee said...

Tori, I know you cant see what I am talking about but can anyone else? Or is just my computer? HELP!

Intense Guy said...

Apparently a myspace picture was deleted - I seem to recall a "pimp myspace" graphic...anyway, I see it to Kaylee. Hopefully Tori can get it sorted out.

Kaylee said...

Iggy....i knew I this cold wasnt effecting me that much...thanks!

Tori_z said...

Hmm... Will have Kelly have a look and see what we can do. Perhaps it's a background thing? *Shrugs* Will try and get it fixed for you.

Iggy:
Will have a look at those books when I get a chance..

Tori_z said...

We appear to have fixed it... It was something to do with the cursor thingy I had on my blog. Wish I'd realised that before changing the template... LOL!

Intense Guy said...

I'm going to miss that Welsh flag cursor! :)

Maybe you can find one of the Dragon?

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Not going to bother looking. Just sticking to the plain old cursor. Sorry and all that.