Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday, I suppose

Lainie challenged all her blogger friends to do this 25 random things about yourself list. I was going to do it, but then I remembered that I did something simular to it before. Besides, I can't decide what to write about myself that I haven't already said several times. LOL!

Anyway...

I listened to an audiobook called "Songbird" by Josephine Cox. It's about a singer whose life is turned upside down due to certain events that cause her to end up going in to hiding. I can't really tell you more than that without giving too much away. But I can tell you that it's a pretty good book. :)

I'm now in the process of listening to "The Beatrix Potter Collection"... And if you don't know the stories in this collection then you ought to be ashamed of yourself! Beatrix Potter's stories about walking, talking, clothes wearing, mischevious wild animals have been around for YEARS and are well known and much loved stories. I was over the moon when I discovered the entire collection was available as an audio CD box set. I wont bother telling you about the stories themselves since - as I've already said - you should at least know of them, even if you've never read them or had them read to you.

Speaking of people who's names end with "Potter"... If you go to www.harrypotter.co.uk the intro for the site is a trailor for the sixth Harry Potter movie. You know? Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince! The one that was meant to be released in November 2008, but will now be released in July 2009.

OK, well, that's all I've got to say for now.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

P.S. The title is exactly what sprang to mind when I was thinking of a title. I said to myself, "what shall I call this post?" And after some time I answered myself with, "Saturday, I suppose." So, that's what I called it. ;)

10 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

I saw the trailer to Harry Potter but I think I have to read the book again, they all sort of run into each other and all I can remember is the last book.

Tori_z said...

Wifey:
You don't want to be having the book the movie's based on too freshly in your mind when you watch the movie, that's how people end up disappointed with movies based on books. I find it's easier to enjoy a movie that's based on a book if you just think of it as a movie on it's own... Part of the Harry Potter movie series, not part of the Harry Potter book series made in to a movie. If you know what I'm trying to say.

ChicagoLady said...

I haven't been disappointed in any of the Potter movies yet. I would like to read the book again, just to refresh my memory on exactly what happened. So I'm more familiar with the general storyline as I'm watching the movie. Of course, I'm still waiting for the hardcover book set, maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday. That way I can read them whenever I want.

AliceKay said...

I watched both the trailer and the teaser trailer. The movie looks like it'll be another awesome Harry Potter movie. I'm gonna show Terri when he gets back in here. He loves these movies. Thanks for posting the link, Tori.

Intense Guy said...

I'd watch Emma Watson anytime. I love the Hermione character -

"Ron," said Hermione in a dignified voice, "you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet."

"I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed - or worse, expelled. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to bed."

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."

"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.

"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"

And I enjoy Luna too...

"Yes," said Luna simply, "My mother. She was a quite an extraordinary witch, you know, but she did like to experiment and one of her spells went rather badly wrong one day. I was nine."

Tori_z said...

Hermione and Luna are my favourite characters too. If they were "real" people then I'd want to meet them both!

whimsical brainpan said...

Oh wow, Beatrix Potter! That brings back some memories.

I was so mad that they postponed the Half-Blood Prince movie.

Tori_z said...

Whim:
I was mad about it originally, but it turned out to be a good thing for me. I'd only just gotten out of hospital the last time when it would have been released, so I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it much because I'd have been feeling lousy.

LadyStyx said...

Cant wait for the movie. Wont be refreshing my mind with the book due to that disappointment issue. I may, however, do another marathon viewing of the previous movies to review.

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
Good idea... Might do that myself! :)