Friday, January 30, 2009

The text adventure and today

While browsing the list of audio accessable games my brother gave me the link to, I found one that looked interesting. So I tried it out last night.

It's called Hogwarts Live and is a browser based roleplaying game based on Harry Potter. It's set several years after Harry himself has left the school though.

Anyway, it seems to be a pretty good game. There are a couple of annoying things, for example:

1. If you die you lose 5 points for your house. Because of this they wont allow you to fight anything again for at least an hour after you die. You do need to fight when you can though, because that's how you gain xp points and money.

2. There are ads on the site, which means some annoying ads to scroll through for people like me using a screen reader. You're meant to be able to set up short cut keys with Jaws to skip between the window with your options in it and the window that tells you what's going on. But I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

However, despite these things I have found it to be a nice game, and I'm actually enjoying playing it.

It also has a feature where you can talk to and send owls to friends while you play, which is pretty cool.

***~***

For anyone interested, here's what I've done so far today (Friday).

Got up.
Took Kero out in the garden.
Put away the dishes I'd left on the draining board last night.
Fed my birdy friends.
Spent some time on the rowing machine.
Had some food.
Walked Kero.
Played the Harry Potter game for a bit.
Checked and replied to posts on Dad's forum.
Checked and commented on blog posts.

And now I'm going to go back to playing the Harry Potter game.

Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

Tori

8 comments:

Marcy said...

Wow ... I feel like such a slacker! So far today, I've managed to ... uh ... get up ... and .... shower ... OH! and I made coffee, too! I'm about to head to my office to work till 9pm tonight ... ugh. TGIFF!!!!!

The game sounds GREAT! I've managed to avoid online games like that because I think I would be a total addict.

Enjoy your day and hope you win a lot of fights!!!!!!

ChicagoLady said...

I'm reading blogs at lunch, because I'm trying to save the rest of my magazine for after lunch when I have nothing else to do.

I wish I were at home, there are so many things I could be doing.

Tori_z said...

Marcy:
Thanks for coming and commenting. :)

Don't feel too bad, most days I don't get half that done. Besides, with time difference it was afternoon for me by the time I posted this. LOL!

I've never had a problem with becoming adicted to games. The first week or so I might play it a lot, but after that I'll be on it a lot less. I'm one of few people in our family who can actually tear themselves away from games and TV shows and such to take the dog out or something and not really mind. I mean, it's just a game. Either I die or I don't! No big deal!

I can understand where you're coming from though. I could name a couple of people quite easily who are so adicted to their computer games that they're hardly out of bed before the PCs are on and the games are loading. *Shaking head*

Chicago:
Shame you can't bring some of the housework with you to do when you're bored at work. You know? Like people bring their work home... Only in reverse! Then you could be sat at work so getting paid, but get the things you need to get done at home done too. It would be especially useful on days when you've got lvery little to get done at work.

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like a nice day - I am sure Kero thought so!

I'm going to bring some homework into work next week... I can always pay bills at work.

Celticspirit said...

Sounds like you had a good day. I'll get to the interview questions tomorrow. I don't read my email every day. Thanks for sending it. :)

Tori_z said...

Barb:
Glad the questions finally arrived. :)

whimsical brainpan said...

That's quite a busy day!

I'll have to check out the game, it sounds interesting. Thanks for telling us about it!

Tori_z said...

If anyone does decide to play, my name on it is "Renn"