Friday, January 16, 2009

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (LBE & FD)

Wednesday:

It ended up being a damp day... Actually, the weather's been damp (and cold) the last few days. And the wind... That's one strong wind... Especially when you're in an open area!

Mam and Dad came down just before lunch time. So, my Mam made us all some egg sandwiches. Then they stayed for the afternoon, and Kelly and Dad played on one of their online games while Mam and I went for a couple of walks. We took Kero on one of the walks, but because of the damp weather and the direction we were heading the second time (up near the busy main road) we didn't take him the second time. He wasn't happy with me for that.

Mam also brought her sewing machine down to do some sewing for me. And they stayed for dinner, which was gammon, chips and peas. I think it was about 6:00 pm that they went home, and I only stayed up an hour or so before going to bed because I was tired (I'd been up since 4:00 am).

Thursday (yesterday):

I ended up getting up really early because of how early I started my very annoying new sleep routine. I've gotten in the habit of going to bed early, sleeping a couple of hours, waking for a couple of hours, then sleeping a couple more hours. That would be fine, but it's not solid sleep. I'm waking several times - only briefly, but still - during these sleep periods, and the least little thing has me wide awake. Still, at least I'm sleeping at sort of the right time, I guess.

Anyway...

I never got around to checking posts on Dad's forum Wednesday because Mam and Dad got here just after I finished catching up on blog posts. So I spent all of yesterday morning going through posts on the forum and replying to those I wanted to reply to. And I do mean "all" morning. Actually, it was early afternoon when I finally got caught up. I really need to visit the forum more often if I want to stay up to date on it. LOL!

After that I checked for any blog posts published since I'd checked the day before, had a short ride on the rowing machine (I was too tired for more than about ten minutes - if that). Then I more or less went to bed.

Obviously I had food in there somewhere... I had an orange and a yoghurt for breakfast and cheese sandwiches for lunch. Don't remember what I had for dinner though... Food, I guess. LOL!

Friday (today):

Got up, checked for replies to my posts on the forum, then got ready to go out. Mam needed a few things from Asda and I said I'd go with her. After all, I had no other plans. LOL!

Before I went though, I checked with Play to see if they'd recieved the copy of Oath Breaker that I sent back because it was missing most of its disks. They had. And because the audio book is out of stock with them right now they're giving me a refund (they're also refunding the cost of postage for returning the copy I'd been sent). So now I have to find the book again and get myself a copy so I can find out what happens to Torak next.

I also ordered a copy of Stonehenge by Bernard Cornwell. Not from Play but from another place. I've been wanting it for some time but there are so many books I want that I hadn't gotten around to getting it. Anyway, I finally have it ordered, and was delighted to discover that it cost less than I was expecting. :)

Anyway...

On our way to Asda we stopped off to see an old friend of my Mam's (Julie) who's daughter (Jade) I used to know really well. I haven't seen them in years though. My Mam bumped in to them a couple of months ago though and has been popping in from time to time ever since. Jade has recently had a baby, and Mam thought I'd like to see him and have a hold. He's now about a month old and weighs about 8lbs. Apparently he weighed 6lbs 3oz when he was born. Anyway, we stayed there for long enough for Mam and I to get decent cuddles in with baby Blake, and with a little one named Louie who was also there (he's 10 months old). Louie is Julie's honorarily adopted daughter's baby. Both of them are very happy babies. Jade says Blake is already sleeping really well, and Louie was happily playing with his toys and investigating (and tasting) everything in sight. Michael (Jade's other little one) was also there, but I'm not sure how old he is and other than noting that he loves to climb stuff (which, of course, he falls off of and ends up crying because he's hurt himself) I never really had a whole lot to do with him since he was wanting to be with Jade. I think Michael's about 2 and a half ish though.

Anyway...

I went up to Mam and Dad's place for lunch. Mam made me a roll with goat's cheese in it. I've never had goat's cheese before. It was kinda nice. A bit stronger than I usually like my cheese though. I definately couldn't eat it too often or in too large a quantity.

When we finally made it to Asda, we did the bits of shopping Mam needed to do, and had a look in the clothes section to see if we liked anything. I found a t-shirt I liked, so Mam brought it for me.

I'm not a fan of shopping - especially clothes shopping - but my Mam is, and I enjoy spending time with my family, so I go with her. Mam gets so excited when she finds some item of clothing or other that she likes and they have in her size that it makes the trip worth while for me anyway. :)

After I got home from shopping, I took Kero for a quick walk. Then I came online to catch up on blog posts.

I think that covers everything... Besides, I'm tired and thinking of getting ready for bed (it's now about 8:00 pm). I know 8:00 pm is early for bed, but... *Shrugs*... Gotta sleep some time, I guess! :)

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

5 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

Those sound like very eventful days.

Never be sorry for going to bed early, sleep when you're tired.

LadyStyx said...

Hope you get some decent sleep tonight. A long day like that, you're gonna need it.

Tori_z said...

Yeah, I have had a couple of very eventful and tiring days... Shame it's not done anything to help me get a more solid or longer sleep. But oh well, can't be helped!

ChicagoLady said...

So did you enjoy holding the baby?

Tori_z said...

Chicago:
Yes, I did! :)