Saturday, February 21, 2009

My week (FD)

Haven't really done much this past week. Mostly I've just been working on my knitting. But here's my week anyway...

Monday I had lunch at my parents' place then I had the hospital appointment mentioned in the "Discharged" post.

Tuesday Mam and Rachel were meant to be coming down for the evening, and Carl and Rachel were meant to be staying the night. But that didn't happen because Mam's car needed to be looked at. So I didn't end up doing anything worth mentioning.

Wednesday I went shopping with Mam and Rachel. We went to Asda and did my food shopping. And while we were there we looked at the clothes, CDs and movies. Mam and Rachel found some stuff they liked, but I didn't. Not that I was really looking all that hard. I was just having a half-hearted look since we were there and they were looking.

Carl and Rachel stayed over Wednesday night, and Carl and I took Kero for a walk before we went to bed.

Thursday Kelly made us a cooked breakfast (sausage, bacon, eggs and toast). And after breakfast Carl and I played with Lego, Magnetix and Tap Art while talking. Then Mam and Dad came to get Carl and Rachel to take them to Swansea, so I spent some time on the PC.

Some time in the early afternoon I started feeling unwell, then ended up spending the afternoon throwing up. We're not sure why. We suspect it was one of those stomach viruses that are going around. I felt like crap the rest of Thursday, but by Friday morning I was feeling loads better, and I'm fine now. We think it's a virus rather than food related because at least one person in the family ate everything I did Wednesday and Thursday, and I was the only one to be sick. If it was food related then someone else would have been sick too. Either way, Kelly wouldn't go to my parents' place for role playing Thursday evening, because he didn't want to leave me when I was sick. I tried to tell him I was fine and to just go ahead and go up there. But he was having none of it!

Anyway... Mam and Rachel picked up some fabric for me while they were in Swansea Thursday... I was meant to get it Thursday night or Friday, but - since Kelly's not been up there and none of them have been down here since it was brought - will be getting it probably today (Saturday) instead.

Friday (yesterday) we were meant to have Carl and Dad come down to play BattleTech. I have a Mech and haven't really had a chance to use it since I got it, so I was looking forward to them coming down. But we decided against it because of me not being too well still on Friday morning. So I spent the day listening to stories and working on my knitting instead.

Mam and Rachel got me some more wool when they were out yesterday... I'll get it when I get the fabric.

Saturday (today) I'm not sure what I'm doing today. I managed to convince Kelly I was fine, so he went to my parents' place for some role playing of some description with Carl, Dad and anyone else who shows up. He wont be back until at least some time this evening... Possibly not until close to midnight.

Mam said she "might" pop in for a bit. But it depends what her and Rachel end up doing. Carl and Rachel go home tomorrow some time, so I think Mam getting time with Rachel is more important today. I'll have plenty of time with Mam after they've gone home.

Anyway... Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

Have a great weekend!

ChicagoLady said...

I'm just sitting here at the computer watching the snow fall down outside.

ChicagoLady said...

Ok, it's not falling down. It's just falling. I think it would be hard for snow to fall down in the traditional sense.

MarmiteToasty said...

Dounfd likr you had a full week....

I couldnt work Thursday cos I had been up all night with the throwing up bug.. had no choice but to work on Friday or I would of lost to much money.... I dont work I dont get paid LOL

Have a lovely whats left of your Saturday, its glorious here today, well, weather wise that is..

x

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

glad to hear the "knitting" is still going strong tori, and i look forward to getting mine.

but you do sound poorly still with the way you have written your blog, and a bit fed up with yourself :(.

but i am sure you will soon be on the up and feel much better shortly" i certainly hope you do any way", so you just take very good care of yourself and get better soon,grandma xx

and so sorry to hear " marmite toasty" has got the sick bug as well, so get well to her as well.:)

Tori_z said...

AK:
Thanks... Hope you are enjoying your weekend too. :)

Chicago:
LOL! ;)

It seems Spring is here... In Wales, I mean... My Daffodils are begining to bloom, we're back to alternating between sun and rain, and it doesn't seem to be quite as cold.

I've had enough snow for a little while... Send your snow to Styxie! Poor Styxie hasn't had enough to enjoy it!

Toasty:
Sorry to hear you weren't well too. Hope you're feeling better now. *Hugs*

It was a beautiful day here too... I think it's meant to be the same today. We've had the odd bit of rain, but it's the light drizzly stuff that doesn't stick around for long.

Grandma:
Will get to your blanket when I can. :)

I'm feeling much better today. Thanks! :)

whimsical brainpan said...

Seems like you've done a lot to me.

I hope you are having a good weekend.