Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Projects - Update

I'm only going to post about the projects I have updates on...

Knitting:

The blanket seems to be coming along nicely. I have several inches of it done now. I don't know how much exactly, because I can't be bothered to measure it. It seems to be coming along nicely though, as I said.

Once I've done the blankets I already planned on doing I have a request for another blanket, and for a pair of gloves and a scarf. And after that I was going to make myself a hat, scarf and gloves set, then have a go at making myself a wooly jumper.

I found some knitting patterns in braille on the RNIB's book site, and I ordered a couple of them. One is supposed to have different patterns for hats and gloves, another is a pattern for a jumper. They should be with me in a few weeks, so I'll have them in time for when I want to try things other than blankets. I was kinda surprised to find any, but there you go! They had several actually. I just picked the ones that sounded best to me... Ones that seemed to have the least complicated patterns for what I wanted to make. ;)

Sewing:

The stitching I did a couple of weeks back on our dressing gowns and a couple of other items that needed repairing seems to be holding nicely. So - as you can imagine - I'm pretty pleased about that. :)

Some time in the next couple of days I should be getting some fabric so I can have a go at making something from scratch. I have plenty of thread, so I'm just waiting for the fabric. It should be being picked up for me tomorrow by Mam and Rachel - in theory - so I "should" have it by Friday night.

Tori

13 comments:

Punkn said...

I'm impressed, Tori. I can't wait to see pictures of your projects.

Gledwood said...

o wel wel! wyt ti'n siarad Cymraeg nawr te?
fe nes i "TGAU" yn yr ysgol ~ ces i grad A!

Gledwood said...

ps your furry pointy eared portrait is dead cute!!

Celticspirit said...

You are doing great Tori. Are those gloves you are going to make the kind made on multiple needles? I've never made gloves before but I have made mittens and hats and it's not too hard.
The only thing I've been working on, besides the curtains I did is my crochet blanket. I've been working on it almost a year! I'd probably be done with it if I did not spend so much time online. Anyhow the way the pattern is, it's very heavy and takes a lot of yarn. I probably only spent $30 on it and I'm only half done.

ChicagoLady said...

It sounds like you're making great progress on both projects.

Since you received a comment in Welsh, it got me curious. Do you speak a lot of Welsh at home with your family, or do you speak English because Kelly is there? Is he learning Welsh?

AliceKay said...

Sounds like you're moving right along, Tori.

Tori_z said...

Thanks for the comments all! :)

Gledwood:
Dw i'n siarad Cymraeg, ond dim ond tipyn bach. Mam a fi iw'r unig pobl yn a ty sy'n siarad Cymraeg, felli dw i'n siarad Saesneg mwy ac yn well. Mae'r teilu yn Saesneg cyn fi ac fy brawd, felli dim ond beth dysgais i yn ysgol a clywais i o pobl arall do i'n galli siarad. Mae'n galed ar a cyfrifiadur... Dw i'n dyddnyddio raglen darllenwr, ti'n gweld?

Barb:
I can't answer that properly until I get the pattern... I've never tried to knit anything other than blankets, hats and scarves before. And never for anything bigger than a doll who was about the size of the average 6 to 9 month old baby. LOL!

Hope you manage to get the blanket done one of these days. :)

Chicago:
My Mam speaks a little Welsh, but I speak more than she does. And we're the only members of the family who know more than a few sentences. Most of the family was born and raised in England, so most of them don't speak Welsh at all. This meant I was brought up on English at home, with Welsh at school and Welsh speakers around sometimes. Most of my Welsh conversations are actually with Kero.

And, no, Kelly's not learning Welsh. Although, he has picked up the meaning of some of the words Mam and I use most. He'd probably deny it, but he's given away his understanding of some words from time to time. LOL!

MarmiteToasty said...

Wow, it seems like your steaming ahead.... good on ya :)

x

Tori_z said...

Thanks Toasty. :)

LadyStyx said...

Awesome! Im very proud of you.

Tori_z said...

Thanks Styxie.

whimsical brainpan said...

Damn girl, I'm impressed!

Tori_z said...

*Blush* Thanks Whim!