Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yesterday AKA Valentine's Day (FD)

Kelly got me a really big teddy with a flower in one paw and the words "I love you so much" on the sweater it's wearing (photo to follow later in the week). And a really nice card.

Wayne had Kero for us, and Mam, Dad, Carl, Rachel, Kelly and I went out to dinner last night. I keep forgetting the name of the place though. Mam's told me several times, but for some reason I can't seem to remember what it's called.

We booked for a Valentine's meal. It consisted of a three course meal, a cup of tea or coffee, a small box of chocolates - which just happened to be Guylians chocolate seashells... My favourites - per couple, and a single red rose for each of us women (photo of my rose to come later in the week) and all for £50 (about $100) per couple.

There wasn't much choice on the menu if you didn't want something containing alcahol of some discription or something with fish in it. But it was a lovely meal... Not to mention a lovely evening... And - as far as I can tell - we all enjoyed it.

I had:

Starter: A chicken, leek and potato dish (I'm not sure what they called it).
Main course: Duck in cherry sauce with chips and peas.
Pudding: A tower of ice-cream with wafers in it... My pudding resembled a snowman caught in an avalanch... LOL!

***~***

Will post the photos of my teddy and my rose later in the week. Kelly took them for me already, but he doesn't have time to put them on the PC and get them labeled for me until later in the week.

All for now... Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

9 comments:

Jess said...

That sounds nice! Most people seem to be being either philosophical/hateful towards valentines day. I'm glad you at least had a good time!
Just an ordinary day for me! :)
xx

Celticspirit said...

Sounds very nice Tori! I had to work yesterday in the madhouse but I did come home at lunch time to a nice homecooked meal. Then I had to go back to work.

MarmiteToasty said...

Sounds like you all had a super day.... tell Kelly to get his arse in gear and get the photos sorted lol

x

Punkn said...

Sounds wonderful, Tori. Glad you had such a wonderful day.

AliceKay said...

Your day sounds like it was a nice one. *patiently waits for pics*

The Wife O Riley said...

It sounds like a wonderful Valentine's day!

Tori_z said...

Yes, it was a wonderful day... Or, I thought so. :)

Toasty:
It's not him getting his butt in gear that's the issue... It's time. He's busy most of this week with various things planned with Carl and my Dad. I know he's free Thursday though...

whimsical brainpan said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

LOL! I really would like to see a picture of the pudding. I loved your description of it.

Tori_z said...

Whim:
Sorry, I don't have a picture of the pudding. If I go there again and have the same thing I'll get someone to take a photo of it though... Probably be with a mobile phone's camera, but still. ;)