Sunday, March 08, 2009

Sunday Share: Depression Cooking (FD)

I saw the link to this video a few days ago on Kati's blog, and thought I would post it for this week's Sunday Share for the benifit of those who read my blog but not hers. It was apparently on "Good Morning America" or something.

A 93 year old Grandma was talked in to recording some of her depression (or, pre-depression) frugal recipes and meals on YouTube by her Great-Grandson.

I checked it out, you should too! As Kati said, "If for no other reason than that 'Grandma Clara' talks about life during the Great Depression of the 30's, and we've got precious few elders who are even still alive from those days."

HERE is the website!

Tori

6 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

thanks tori for the link to " clara's " site, and what an interesting site it is, as i have visited it and my clara looks wonderful for her age and very smart to.

Intense Guy said...

Thank you Tori! Its always nice to see people hanging on to hard learned lessons and experiences our elders have.

Now to get to people to listen to it!

MarmiteToasty said...

Fasinating..... fanks for the link....... my nanna name was Clara....

x

Tori_z said...

You're all welcome. I thought it was interesting so wanted to share it.

whimsical brainpan said...

'Grandma Clara' has become a huge internet hit. for good reason, she is very entertaining and informative.

Tori_z said...

Whim:
I agree!