Friday, April 10, 2009

Furkid Friday

OK humans, so here's the deal. For over a month now I've been letting the humans do the post they like to call "Furkid Friday" on my behalf. But they don't seem to be doing a very good job. I mean, did you read last week's post? Wont hurt me to sleep in the doggy bed indeed! Who do they think they are? Hmph! So, I'm going to do it instead.

I'm a little confused when it comes to these humans. I don't know what they're thinking sometimes. I think they've lost the plot or something. I was trying to figure it out the other day when the human who says I should call her "Mamgu" took this photo of me.



Anyway, I'm used to them doing weird things I don't understand. They have strange habits humans do. Don't try and tell me I'm wrong, because I'm not. I watch my humans very closely, and I notice these things. But this week they did something even stranger than normal.

The human I call "Mami" went out more than normal. She went places with Mamgu after walkies on Friday and Sunday. That's unusual. But she came home safely, so that's the main thing. She went out again to the place where humans find food. The humans call it "shopping" or something. Anyway, that happened Tuesday. And before bed time on Tuesday Mami was telling me that she would probably be going somewhere again the next day. I'm not sure where, but she was saying something about animals.

I hate when the humans go places without me. How am I supposed to keep an eye on them if they aren't with me? Stupid humans! I've tried to explain this to them, but they don't seem to understand. That's humans for you!

Anyway, after all this talk about going to the animal place Mami said she'd bring me home a present. I like presents. I do hate that it means the humans go places without me, but the presents almost make up for that. And I do stress "almost" here.

But that's not what happened. Instead the "Dadi" human went somewhere and came home with something that he said was for me, but that I couldn't have until Mamgu arrived. Something about shooting photos? *Looks confused* I'm not sure what he was talking about. All I know is that a couple of hours later Mamgu and two other humans showed up. One was full grown, noisy and - I think - a bit nuts. The other was only a half grown human. And this is where the stranger than normal thing comes in. These humans came with food. I'm not sure why when Mami had gone with Mamgu to the shopping place only the day before. But I wasn't too bothered about that... Any humans bringing things smelling of ham and cheese are welcome, especially if they intend sharing. No, it's what happened next that I think is strange.

The humans got out the strange mat thing that they sit on when we go for walkies in the park and the benches aren't comfy enough. They spread this mat thing on the floor in front of the fire, and then they put all the packets of food on it and sat down. It was this I was trying to figure out the meaning of when the above photo was taken. I never did figure it out.

I decided - just to be on the safe side - I better keep a close eye on the humans. So I stayed close to them while they were on this mat thing with their food. I especially stayed close to Mami. I thought she might need me with a crazy human in the house.



Nothing bad happened though, which is a huge relief.

I'm not sure when the shooting of photos was meant to happen, and if it did then I didn't notice it. Mamgu spent a lot of time with her new camera trying to get photos of me though. But I wasn't in the mood for photos. I had more important things to do than pose. The photos must have gotten shot at some point though, because not long after putting away the mat thing, which they did right after clearing up from the food, Dadi fetched the thing he'd gone to get in the morning and gave it to Mami. She then took the tags off it and gave it to me.



It turned out to be a bear with a squeaker in it. It's great fun to play with. I played with it with the half grown human for a while. She seemed to be enjoying the game as much as I was. Though I see no reason why she wouldn't enjoy playing with me. I'm fun to play with.

After our game the half grown human took me for walkies. I enjoyed going walkies with her. I don't usually let anyone take me for long if Mami isn't there, but I decided to let the half grown human take her time out with me. Besides, I had a lot of sniffing to do... I hadn't been out in hours!

Mamgu and the humans she brought with her went away after that. I wasn't happy about them going. I cried for them to come back, but they didn't. I watched for them for a very long time. Eventually though I realised they were obviously not coming back. So, I got a load of my toys out and had a great time playing with them. I have some really great toys!

OK, well, apart from my usual naps, walkies, snacking, etc, nothing else of any interest to me happened this past week. So I think I'm going to go and take a look out in the garden to see if anyone - or anything - interesting has been out there since my last garden inspection.

Licks and wags,
Kero

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Bravo Kero!!

That was a wonderful post! :) Its good to see you are in good health and being such a fine companion for Mami and Dadi.

I'd explain the "eating in the house" thing to you but I'm handicapped by not being able speak Yorkese with a welsh accent, at least not good enough for you understand me.

I'll leave ya with a good snuffle-sniffing and tail wagging.

Weeerrr wooof, woof, woooh, arrrrck, wooorfffaaah!

[Dog-ese for "May your garden always have interesting smells, your water bowl be filled with clean cool water, and your kibble fresh, crispy and clean and your human happy and well"]

:)

LadyStyx said...

I ~love~ the perspective on this entry. Very creative!

Tori_z said...

Kero says thank you. :)

MarmiteToasty said...

(((Kero))) I love you lol.... ya owner on the other hand is as 'daft as a bat' LMAO.....

I adore the photos....more more lol

x

Tori_z said...

Toasty:
LOL! Thanks a bunch!

Not that it came as a surprise... Everyone says I'm daft... And Kero often gives me a look that says "what planet is this human on." I know he used to, and Mam and Kelly have said he still does... Not that I blame him. LOL!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

what a clever boy you arekero:).

Such a really interesting and very clever post from my furkid great-grandson.

So glad you had a lovely time with the mad human visitor and smaller human visitor , as well as your mamgi,mami & dadi humans.

And you got a toy as well what a very lucky young man you are.

thank you for your lick-kisses etc.

love & human kisses from " your human great-grandma"and your cousin furkid jayde-bramblerose,xxx

Celticspirit said...

I love the way this post was written. Kero.....you are a fine writer!

Tori_z said...

Kero says thank you to his human great-grandma, his fur cousin Jayde, and to Barb. :)

Karen said...

Tori this is a fantastic post honey! Even Dadi listened and smiled. Tell Kero I'm sorry I had to go but will see him real soon.
Hugs mami xxx

Tori_z said...

Mam:
Glad you enjoyed the post. And glad Dad did too. :)

Will pass your message on to Kero.