Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Shopping with a child

I learned today why so many people try to avoid taking their children shopping with them, especially once they become too big to strap in a pushchair, or strap in the seat of the trolley. Shopping trips become very exhausting when you're accompanied by a "helpful" child.

Yep, that's right, Mam and I took Shireen - Mam's Goddaughter, who's home from school for the Easter holidays, and visiting my Mam with her Mam - shopping with us today. It's been a long morning!

They say you learn something new every day. So, the lesson for today is...

If at all possible, avoid going shopping with a child you can't strap in to a pushchair or trolley.

Tori

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I think I have a spare straitjacket you can borrow... :)

MarmiteToasty said...

:) I sometimes shop with between 4-8 under 5s LOL

x

Punkn said...

On Saturday we got out of the car and witnessed a young mother who didn't seem to care and a grandpa who thought foul language and yelling was a good form of discipline, shopping with a 3 or 4 year old. It was so said.

I shop with my grandkids often and we have a great time doing it. Sometimes I think too many adults is not a good thing. The child is steered by all and obeys none.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
No, I don't think that will be needed just yet. ;)

Toasty:
Ah, so that's what's made you nuts? ;)

Punkn:
You could be right there. Besides, I think the main issue is I'm not used to it. I mean, it's the first time I've spent time with Shireen in almost a year. She wasn't naughty. It's just that her "help" was giving Mam and I twice as much work. Maybe it's easier when you're more used to doing it? *Shrugs*