Thursday, April 09, 2009

Weekly craft update:Projects to do

OK, well there's not much to report in the way of things I've done this week. I've managed to get a fair few rows of the blanket knitted, but that's all I've really done this week. I am pleased with how much I managed to get done this week though. If I keep this up then I will easily achieve my goal of having the blanket at least almost done by the end of April. Which is good news, because the list of items waiting to be made is growing. :)

The list currently stands at:

3 blankets (one of which is currently in progress)
A hat, scarf and gloves set
A Labrador teddy
A hot water bottle cover (not requested, something I want to make for someone for Christmas)
A pair of wooly socks (not requested, something I want to make for someone for Christmas)
A lemon coloured horse teddy
A blue dinosaur teddy

And that's without any other items I might want to make for people for Christmas, or items for myself.

The dinosaur and horse are the two new requests. The dinosaur is for Lucas (Jackie's grandson) who is just about to turn 3 (he's 3 this coming Sunday). And the horse is for a baby who is due in September. Both have been requested for completion in August. So I'll do those after I finish this blanket.

They were requested after I showed off the elephant and Westie I made a couple of weeks back. I guess I did a good job on them for them to inspire requests for more. :)

I also still need/want to make myself a couple more t-shirts with the fabric I got a couple of weeks ago when I was out with Mam. And was going to use the pieces of fabric that were left to make some cushion covers.

So, I best get on with my knitting. Good thing I'm enjoying doing it, isn't it? ;)

Tori

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

Yep, it's a good thing you're enjoying doing it. Makes it that much more special, too.

Intense Guy said...

Goodness. You got yourself a cottage knitting, t-shirt and seat cushion business going.

And the neat thing is - you could pack your stuff into a trunk and be able to work anywhere - like from in a Gypsy Caravan.

Yes, Tori, those knitted animals were really nice. :)

Punkn said...

I can see why you've had special requests... Good luck in getting it all done!

LadyStyx said...

Yes, it's always a good thing to enjoy the hobby. Otherwise stuff doesnt get done.

Tori_z said...

AK:
I agree. :)

Iggy:
I don't know about a buisness. Maybe one day I "might" try and sell something on ebay. We'll see!

You're right though... I could do it in a Gypsy caravan, or anywhere else I happened to be. ;)

Punkn:
Thanks! :)

Styxie:
Very true! :)

MarmiteToasty said...

Ebay, one word, make things and ebay or etsy :)

x

Tori_z said...

Toasty:
At the moment I have lots of requests from family and friends (mostly for Christmas presents). Perhaps in the new year I will make stuff that I will sell? We'll see!

Celticspirit said...

You sure are ambitious! I enjoy reading about all your craft updates and what you are planning for the future. :)

Tori_z said...

Barb:
I'm glad you enjoy reading my craft updates. :)