Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A new Meme thingy (LBE)

CelticSpirit was doing this on her blog, and I thought I'd have a go.

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Answer: The electric bill, because - with how much the computers end up being on - it's usually our biggest bill.

2. Do you miss being a child?
Answer: Sometimes... Things seemed so much simpler when I was a child and could leave the worrying, bill paying, etc, up to the adults. Most of the time, however, I'm glad I'm not a child any more

3. Chore you hate the most?
Answer: It used to be cleaning up the "mess" in the yard, but since nobody expects me to do that now, it's washing dishes... There always seems to be so many!

4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Answer: Well, if you count ones where there are three couples going out together, then it was at "The Royal Kitchen" on Valentine's Day. Otherwise... I can't remember. :(

5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
Answer: I'd take someone with me to Canada for my first meeting with Kelly. I'm really lucky nothing bad happened... I was stupid to fly half way around the world on my own at the age of 18 to meet someone I hardly even knew.

6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Answer: Mrs Evans. She was also the headmistress of the school I was in at the time.

7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Answer: Working with my plants and animals in my very own small holding. Unfortunately, I haven't got a small holding, let alone the animals to go in it. I have the plants though... Does that count? Alternatively, I'd like to be traveling all over the place in a Vardo (Gypsy caravan). Either would work for me. ;)

8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Answer: A vet or a nursery nurse.

9. How many colleges did you attend?
Answer: Technically 2, but I never actually finished the courses (they weren't really what I wanted to be doing).

10. Why did you choose the shirt you have on right now?
Answer: It was on the top of the pile in my t-shirt drawer.

11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Answer: I haven't given them any thought to be honest.

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Answer: I was up before it went off, and don't remember what I thought when it did go off. Probably something like "better go turn that off."

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Answer: I'm not sure. I tend to fall asleep mid way through musings on something (when I actually go to sleep) and I rarely remember what the musings were about. This is partly because they sometimes influence the themes of my dreams, and it's hard to figure out which point it was that thoughts became dreams.

14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Answer: Michelle Paver, because I would love to hear about all the trips she took to get research for her "Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness" books.

15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Answer: Unless bikes count I haven't even driven anything... Nobody will let me, and I'm not sure why. *Winks* But, if bikes do count, then yep. I crashed my bikes LOADS of times. Mostly I didn't get hurt, but there were a few quite painful crashes.

16. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
Answer: I'd like to say, "yes," to this one. But that would be a lie. So, I'm going to tell the truth and say, "no."

17. Get up early or sleep in?
Answer: I usually end up getting up early - whether I want to or not - and even when I need to get up early I'm usually up earlier than I need to be.

18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Answer: I have to pick just one? That's so hard! Well, if I have to pick just one then I'm going to have to pick the one that gave me my dog's name... Keroberous (AKA Kero) from Cardcaptors.

19. When did you first start feeling old?
Answer: I haven't started feeling old yet.

20. Favorite lunch meat?
Answer: I don't eat meat any more. And I never really liked lunch meats anyway.

21. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Answer: We don't have Wal-Mart here. We have Asda, which is meant to be the same thing, but there's nothing I get every time I go there.

22. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Answer: Not really. If I did then I wouldn't have gotten married. I do think people spend WAY too much on weddings though.

23. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
Answer: I don't care if people know my favourite movies. They are: The Craft, Practical Magic, and the Harry Potter movies.

24. What’s your favorite drink?
Answer: Dandelion and Burdock pop. I don't have it often though. Not because I don't want it often, but because it's probably not good for me to drink 3 or more bottles of it a day, and if I allowed myself to do so then I probably would.

25. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
Answer: Nobody.

26. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
Answer: I don't have a car, with or without radio, so I guess the answer is... It isn't. The radio in the bedroom is tuned in to BBC Radio 2 though, and the DAB digital radio in the kitchen has Radio 2, Radio 4, Radio 7, Radio Carmarthenshire, Real Radio, The Arrow, Magic, Heart and Planet Rock programmed in to it.

27. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Answer: Neither thanks. I have taste you know!

28. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Answer: I'm not sure... There are probably several, but I can't choose one right now.

29. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
Answer: Nobody sits across from me anywhere but at the dinner table. It's usually Mam or Kelly then though, and I like them. ;)

30. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
Answer: Nope. And I hope I never have to.

31. Last book you finished reading?
Answer: "For Love Of Lily" by Maggie Bennett. I posted a review of it about a month ago. I haven't read anything since, because nobody's had time to take me to the library for new books (I did get Kelly to take the old ones back for me though).

10 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh great answers..... hey, why dont you see if you can get an allotment to do your growing and digging and stuff.... they only cost about 13 quid a year, you can find out where you nearest is from you local council offices....

Ive thinking of getting one here, mine is within hobbling distance..

x

Intense Guy said...

I agree with Toasty! Both you and CelticSpirit have excellent answers! Some day you will have a car (or vardo) radio - and when you do I will hope you don't crash.

Laughs at your reply to "Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?"

I think I'm a couple memes behind as it is but if I ever get caught up I'll try this one too!

I've used a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes... What a mess. The lint in an electric clothes dryer caught fire and I put the fire out spraying the entire contents of the extinguisher into the dryer full of wet clothes. The extinguisher sprays a substance much like yellow chalk dust.

Celticspirit said...

#5 I did the same thing. But I drove halfway across the country with all my belongings and my son and moved in with a guy I'd known for 9 months only online and on the phone. I was that sure that he was a good person. And I was right. But nobody can understand this unless they themselves have been through it. One more thing...I'm normally not a risk taker at all so this was way out of character for me.
24. I've never heard of that type of pop. What does the flavor taste like?

The Wife O Riley said...

Love it!!! I might have to give this one a try. I can't imagine why no one will let you drive, you would do better than a lot of people on the roads now.

Tori_z said...

Toasty:
There's none close enough for my liking. Besides, I want the land more for the animals than anything. I want some cows, and some chickens, and a pet piggy, and a horse. The chickens I could probably do here if it wasn't for Kero's opinion of birds. But I'd need more space if I want the rest of the animals. And, no, the cows and chickens wont be for eating. They're for providing me with eggs and milk. Nobody's eating my pet chickens and cows. And they're definately not going to get to eat my pet piggy. The horse... Well, I just want one. And, yes, I could ride it if I had one.

Iggy:
I hope you do find time to do it, I bet your answers will be great. :)

Thanks for the fire extinguisher info. :)

Barb:
Yeah, I know. They all keep telling me about how things "might have" turned out. But they didn't, and I was sure he was a great guy. Turns out I was right. ;)

I still should have taken someone with me though really. But it's done now, so... *Shrugs*

As for the pop... I don't know how to discribe it. It was discussed on my blog before though... Will look for the post, because I'm sure there's a link about it in the comments of that post. If I can't find it then I'll look it up for you. Will post it for a Sunday Share one week.

Wifey:
Thanks. :)

And, I look forward to reading your answers. You usually have great answers to these things. :)

MarmiteToasty said...

Thinking you should of married a farmer ;)

x

MarmiteToasty said...

Your in bloody Wales woman, there MUST be a local farmer that will rent you out a couple of acres, actually one acre would suffice.... go knocking on doors like what I did when we wanted land to start our plant nursery, you will be surprised what 10 grand can buy ya.... or rent ya..

x

Tori_z said...

Toasty:
It's not the finding land thing that's the issue. It's the finding the money to buy it. There's plenty of land available I could buy or rent. Even bits big enough so I could have a house on it as well as the animals. That's not the problem. The problem is I can't afford to pay for it.

I think you're right about the fact I should have married a farmer though. ;)

Wendyburd1 said...

Thanks Tori so much for your comment. It was really appreciated, it got me almost crying, you are so sweet and thank you for your kind words! (Hugs)

Tori_z said...

Wendy:
There's no need for thanks. But... You're welcome! *Hugs*