Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The date, knees and another birthday

It's June 10th already? OK, own up... Who keeps stealing this year? It seems like only a couple of days ago we were seeing in the New Year and welcoming everyone to 2009, and now the year is almost half over! *Looks shocked* At this rate it wont be long before we have to start planning for... Sorry, I've gotta say it... Christmas. I know, I know, it's only June! But the way the days are slipping by it will soon be time to start thinking about it. OK, moving swiftly on, since we don't want to start too much talk about the dreaded "C" word this early in the year. Let's give it a couple of months, shall we?

So...

My knee is doing a bit better. The swelling has gone right down, and the pain level has gone down a lot. It's now to the point where I can ignore the pain most of the time. Although, if I've been walking on it for more than a couple of minutes then it starts hurting a fair bit again. Still, that's a great improvement over the last couple of days. Plus, I can now sit at the computer long enough to check blogs without feeling like someone's trying to pull my leg off at the knee, which is definately a good thing. ;)

I'm not sure how Nan's leg is doing, because - to be perfectly honest - I haven't spoken to her. I'll give you an update on her injury when I get one (possibly tomorrow?)

And Toasty? Well, last time I got a text from her she wasn't doing too great. :(

Hope anyone else who's not been well, or who has some kind of injury, or has recently been in hospital, or has any other kind of issue - physical or otherwise - is recovering quickly. *Hugs to all in need of them*

Oh yes, and...

Yesterday was my Mother-In-Law's birthday. So a very happy - though belated - birthday to her.

OK, that will do from me for today.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

It's good to hear your knee is coming along nicely. Sorry to hear about Toasty not doing as well.

Happy belated birthday wishes going out to your mother-in-law. I hope she had a great birthday.

My day is about to get busy again so off I go. Hope you have a good one!

Intense Guy said...

I'm glad you are on the mend Tori! Soon you will be back to doing walkies with Kero - I'm sure he's eager to get out there again! :)

Have you been doing crafts while resting the knee?

The Wife O Riley said...

I'm glad your knee is feeling a little better. I have no idea where these days are going. It's amazing that the year is almost half over! Happy Birthday to your MIL!!

LadyStyx said...

Happy Birthday to your MIL.

Glad the knee's feeling better. Wish Toasty was doing as well. I worry about her. I'll have to send her a hug.

Yeah, the year's going by fast. I already used the C word in my entry for today so Im not gonna fuss you for using it here.

Tori_z said...

Thanks all. *Hugs*

Iggy:
Yes, I have. In fact, I managed to finish two small projects, will be attempting to take photos of them either later today or some time tomorrow.

Styxie:
I'm worried about Toasty too. :(