Sunday, June 07, 2009

Knees and a birthday

Today is my Grandma's birthday. So a very happy birthday to her. :)

***~***

I don't know if there's something in the air, but I can name three people with knee injuries at the moment. One of them many of you will know about, because many of you read her blog. I'm talking, of course, about MarmiteToasty who is currently in hospital having yet another knee operation. I've been keeping in touch with her, and she's not doing too great, so I'm sure she would appreciate any positive thoughts, prayers, etc, that you can send her way for a speedy recovery.

The second person is my Nan. No, not my Grandma, my Nan (Grandma is Mam's mother, Nan is Dad's mother). Anyway, Nan tripped about a week and a half ago, and landed on her knee. It was all swollen and painful, but she was reluctant to get it checked. By the time she did - which wasn't until this past Thursday - it had somehow gotten infected. So Nan is now on anti-biotics to clear up the infection.

And the third person? That would be me. :(

I've fallen and landed on my knee a few times over the past months, so when I slipped and my knee tried to bend the wrong way Monday night, I didn't think too much about it. Yeah, it hurt like hell, but... *Shrugs*... I'm not exactly a stranger to pain. So, I went ahead and walked around Cardiff all day Tuesday, and by the time I got home it was even worse. I figured though that if I rested it for a day or two it would be fine. Nope! Friday rolled around and it was still killing me, so I figured I better get it checked. To cut a long story short, they thought I might have either broken it or ended up with a blood clot in my leg (because of where the pain was at it's worst). Turns out I tore the tendons in my knee. Well, it could have been worse... It could have been one of the first two options. Anyway, I'm on pain killers, and under strict instructions to rest the knee and keep it up as much as possible, but to try and use it as normally as possible when I need to walk about. That's why I wasn't on the blogs at all yesterday, and why I wont be on them much for a few days.

The swelling's gone down a lot, but it's still quite painful. :(

Hope the rest of you are in better shape.

Tori

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I hope you are on the mend Tori!

Happy Birthday Grandma and Get Well Nan!

LadyStyx said...

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Get better Nan.

Oh geez Tori....looks like we're all fallin apart in bloggy-land. Get better soon.

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday Grandma
Get well Nan
And get better Tori!
I'm sorry to hear you've hurt your knee. It sounds very painful.
I was hoping for good Marmite news. Sending good thoughts her way.

AliceKay said...

Happy Birthday to your grandma. (sorry, it's belated now because of time difference)

Get well soon, Nan.

So sorry to hear you've hurt your knee. Sounds like it's very painful, too. Hope you heal quickly.

And I hope MarmiteToasty is healing well from her surgery. She's been thru a lot.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

first of all a big thank you to all of you that wished me " tori's " grandma a very happy birthday.

And tori glad to hear you went and got that knee sorted, and pulled ligaments are very-very painfull, and to walk on it all day in cardif was very-very brave of you, hope its getting better & get well wishes to Marmite Toasty.

and thank you for my birthday wishes and thank you to you and Kelly & Kero for my lovely card + money,i had 30 cards and £55,.

I spoke to your nan so hope she gets better soon too.

Tori_z said...

Thanks all. :)

Grandma:
You're welcome. :)

As for walking around Cardiff with my knee hurting... Well, like I said I'm not exactly a stranger to pain. Besides, I didn't have a lot of choice. I had to get around, and I either walked or hopped, and since I'm no good at hopping I had to walk. ;)