Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince movie

Don't worry. This isn't a spoiler post. This is just my personal opinion of the movie, and I've read it through to make sure that I haven't given anything away about what actually happens in the movie. However, if you would prefer not to read the opinions of others before you see the movie for yourself, then you may want to avoid reading this post.

Last chance to change your mind about reading this post.

Oh, you do want to read it?

Are you sure?

OK then...

So, what was my opinion of the movie?

Well, as a movie in itself it was really good. I enjoyed it, Kelly enjoyed it, Wayne enjoyed it, and at least most of the extremely packed cinema enjoyed it (if the laughter during the movie, and excited talk after the movie are anything to go by, lol!). ;)

However, Kelly, Wayne and I agreed on something that stops me from saying the movie was "excellent."

You see, while it was a really good movie, it differed from the book a lot. The plot was the same, obviously (it would have to be for it to have the title). But I have to say this is the furthest I have ever seen any of the Harry Potter movies stray from the book. And one scene had us thinking, "what the...?" Because it certainly wasn't in the book. Like I said though, it was a really good movie. But only if you look at it as the movie it is rather than the book brought to life on the big screen. So, my advice to you is... Don't refresh your memory on what happens in the book before you watch the movie, because you'll enjoy the movie more if you can't remember the details of the book clearly.

Tori

9 comments:

Karen said...

No honey you never gave anything away.
No I won't refresh my memory either and with my memeory I'd probably forget again anyway lol

Mam x

Celticspirit said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I had what you may think is a stupid question. How do you know what is going on in the movie when you can't see it? Does Kelly describe what is going on? I've been wanting to ask you this for awhile.

Intense Guy said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie! I know you were waiting for it for so long its nice it lived up to your expectations!

Jessica♥ said...

oooo! now you make me want to see it!

hey, I'm jess btw =] follow me back?
http://little-romance.blogspot.com/

♥-jess

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, too.

Wendyburd1 said...

Anything you can tell me that will help make this movie MORE understandable from the book would be much appreciated.

I had the same feeling! Read my blog, I don't KNOW how I feel, I did like it but....

Tori_z said...

Thanks for the comments all. :)

Barb:
As a general rule someone will tell me what's going on in the movie, however, this time I had my own private audio description. The cinemas have started providing wireless headphones for those of us who can't see, and the headphones provide audio description. There's also something available that provides subttitles for the deaf, but I obviously didn't pay much attention to that since it would be of no use to me.

Jessica:
I'll come look at your blog, but be warned... If you have word verification enabled I can't comment, so wont follow.

Wendy:
Will come read your post in a bit.

LadyStyx said...

I won't go into my opinions about books vs movies as I have done that countless times before. It's disappointing to hear that they used as much artistic license in it that they did.

Celticspirit said...

Thanks for answering my question Tori. I think that it's awesome that the theaters provide those headphones and it must make a world of difference.