Tuesday, August 11, 2009

20 things (FD)

Cate recently did this meme thing on her blog (and a few others I know might have too... It's hard to keep track of who's actually done which memes sometimes). So, I figured I'd do it, since I don't have anything better to post about today. Well, I do, but I haven't gotten around to sorting those posts out yet, so I'll post them another day. ;)

If you want to play, feel free to do so. Otherwise, don't play. Simple as that!

1. I don’t really think I can manage _______________ today.

I don't really think I can manage to do anything that takes much energy today.

2. What did you have for breakfast this morning?

Some blueberries and some marmalade on toast

3. Share some recent good news.

Good news? Erm... About the only thing I can think of isn't exactly about me, but it is good news. Carl (my brother) and his wife (Rachel) have finally - after several years of being on a waiting list - got a new house. They're moving in on August 15th.

4. What was the last movie you saw? What did you think of it?

Harry Potter movie 6... Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince. It was pretty good, but not as good as the book version. Still, a good movie in its own right, I guess.

5. If you had to, could you do commentary for a sporting event?

I could, but I don't want to, because I can think of plenty of things to do with my time that will be a lot more fun.

6. What makes you feel better when you're sick?

Sleep generally does the trick. Just leave me alone for a few days, and don't wake me up, and most of the time I'll be fine. Failing that, cuddling up with a blanket and a cup of tea, watching/listening to something I enjoy, and being brought a present of my favourite treats will do it.

7. What do you listen to in the car?

Whatever music my Mam has playing. It's her car, after all, so it's only fair she gets to choose the music. I will tell her if they're rubbish though, but most of the time she has taste.

8. What were the last five foods you ate?

A jam sandwich, marmalade on toast, blueberries, a yoghurt, and a baked potato with cheese and beans.

9. Who was your first prom date?

I didn't go to a prom. Mind you, none of the guys in my school would have been worth taking. They were all imature idiots. So I don't really feel I missed out on anything there.

10. What was your first grade teacher's name?

If first grade is the year I think it is in schooling then it was, Mrs Evans. She was also the headmistress of the school I was in at the time. She was a really nice teacher, and made a great headmistress.

11. How many weddings have you been in?

Three if you count my own. I was a bridesmaid for my Mam and Dad (they took their time getting married, so I was eight when it happened), then there was my own, then I was one of the witnesses for my brother (Carl)'s wedding last year. All other weddings I've been to I've only been a guest in.

12. Who is on your "List"?

I don't have a list. At least, not the kind this question seems to refer to judging by Cate's response.

13. I love you more than _____________.

Not sure who this is refering to, but I love most things more than beetroot/beets, so let's go with that.

14. Oranges or grapefruit?

Oranges... Grapefruit tastes awful!

15. What is the earliest memory you have of your first day of school?

I think it's the time - at the start of my first full day at school - when I told my Mam I couldn't go to school because she'd be lonely without me, and ran after her when her friend took her away, and the teacher had to physically carry me back inside the school. But it could be that I've been told about it so many times I only think I remember it.

16. Would you ever choose money over love?

No. I'd rather be poor than marry some jerk just because he's got a ton of money.

17. Four people who e-mail me regularly:

Iggy, Amazon.co.uk, and Cate and Styxie

18. What were your favorite books as a child?

Pretty much any, especially if they involved animals. I was particularly fond of Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton's books. But I'd read pretty much anything. Still will. I love books!

19. Never in my life:

Have I: gone on safari, written a best selling novel, gone sledding on real snow, or built a house from scratch.

20. Ever been given an engagement ring?

Twice. I only married the second guy who gave me one though.

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

:)

Nicely answered - especially the one with the beetroots.

I'd have said peas. LOL.

I didn't go to any prom(s) either.

I think the number of weddings one is hard - its like the number of funerals - they stick out more in my mind closer the person was to the family or me. I want to say about 10 but couldn't list them.

LadyStyx said...

I didn't go to any of my proms or dances either. I was never asked and wasn't about to go by myself and spend time with all those shallow creeps I went to school with.

Deanna said...

Interesting. I couldn't share any good news that nobody hadn't already read about because I pretty much tell all on my blog, lol. I agree with you about the Harry Potter movie.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
LOL! Great, well, if we ever find ourselves eating in the same place and the food involves beetroot/beets and peas, I'll eat your peas, you can have my beetroot/beets. Deal? ;)

Styxie:
My thoughts exactly!

Deanna:
Yeah, that question was hard. I share stuff on my blog too, so that's why I had to put someone else's good news. LOL!