Monday, August 17, 2009

Beans (FD)



The runner bean plants in my garden have produced beans. I can't really call them "my" bean plants, after all, Mam and Kelly have done more with them than I have. But they're the plants that were mine originally, so they're sort of mine. But that doesn't matter. What's important is that they're producing beans. And some of the beans are even ready to be eaten, so have been picked.



Actually, they may already have been eaten, since we let Dad have the few that were ready to eat. My Dad's not a huge fan of vegetables, but there's one kind of vegetable he loves... Runner beans! So we let him have the few that were ready, since he enjoys them so much. I'm quite fond of Runner beans myself, but at least I enjoy most vegetables. Dad is picky about his vegetables. Anyway, I'll be able to grab a few for myself from the next lot that's ready. There are still a good few beans on the plant that aren't quite ready yet, but they shouldn't take much longer.

Tori

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

Way to go! Your runner beans have grown and now you can have fresh runner beans for your meals. That was nice of you to give your dad the first picking. :)

Intense Guy said...

Are the first pickings the best tasting? :)

I'm not much on runner/green beans but I'll eat them if they aren't mushy. My dad only eats them mushy so thats how my mom cooks them. Ugh. :)

Celticspirit said...

Fresh green beans taste so good. I hope you enjoy them. :)

Jessica♥ said...

that's cool.
I wish I could have a graden for vegetables and fruit and stuff.

Deanna said...

There is nothing like fresh green beans. Yum. I'm with Iggy, though, I don't like them runny. It was mighty nice of you to let dad have first pickings!

Wendyburd1 said...

At least they are growing and don't have weird growths on them! LOL!

LadyStyx said...

Only way I eat most beans is in soups. I'm much like dad there, not fond of the veggies.

Tori_z said...

I don't like my beans mushy either, though I'll eat them cooked just about any way, as long as they don't get cooked long enough to turn in to bean mush.