Friday, August 21, 2009

Kero's Korner: Visiting Willow & my harness

Hi humans, it's Kero here!

Most of my week has been pretty quiet. The human who takes Mami out with that cane thing came back on Monday, Mami went away on Tuesday and came back with food, and - of course - there have been my walkies. But that's about it for most of the week. Except Wednesday. Wednesday was different, because on Wednesday Mami and I went to Willow's house for a visit that lasted all day.

Mamgu came and got us really early, and we went for a car ride up to their house. I played with Willow for a bit, and watched their cat, but mostly Willow and I just alternated between napping while the humans played a computer game, and doing the things we dogs need to do in the garden... Like making sure nobody had snuck in while we were napping. Dadci tried to take us for one of the garden inspections, but I wasn't having that. I couldn't take the chance Mami would slip away. So, I made her come. She said I was a very good boy though, because I sometimes have accidents when I get too involved in inspecting things at their house, but I didn't this time. I made sure to get outside in time. Plus, I didn't try and get the cat, I just watched her. And Willow was good too, because she didn't try and pounce me like she used to. She used to be all over me, but she doesn't do that as much now. That's because she's a big girl... She's nearly 4 paws and a tail. She has her birthday soon after Mami has hers, so it's coming up soon.

My harness broke Wednesday, so Dadi had to get me a new one before I could go for my walkies on Thursday. My new one is red, because Dadi couldn't get blue. Blue ones are hard to find most times. So Mami says she'll get me a new collar and lead so my stuff matches again. My coat for when the weather is really wet and/or cold is red anyway. And Mami and I both agreed it's more important for me to have the stuff than to make sure it's the colour I'm used to. I mean, as long as I get to go walkies, who cares? My stuff was only blue because it meant all of us dogs had different when we had the puppies. Willow's stuff is purple, mine was blue, Jayde's was red, and Lucy's was pink. It wasn't so much that we cared, but it made it easier for the humans to tell who's stuff was who's. It didn't matter much with the puppies, but imagine if they tried to put one of the puppies in my harness... That would have been funny! But now we don't have the puppies, so it doesn't matter if i have blue or red. And red stuff is easier to find anyway. I don't know why, it just is. Perhaps the pet shop humans think dogs like red best?

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Those were the good old days huh, when you needed to be color-coded. It must of been a busy place with all those other dogs around. Its nice you get to visit some of them now and then too.

Whatever happened to Lucy? And how is Jayde doing? I think she is a cutey-pie? Woof-grrrrrrrrrrrr! :)

Red, Blue, heck even avacodo green - you'd still look way handsome and awesome cute!

Licks and sniffs until next time!

Guineapiglou said...

You'll look very handsome in red sweetie :)

Lots of hugs and kisses
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AliceKay said...

Red will work nicely for you. :)

LadyStyx said...

When I was still living at home, we had our cats' harnesses color coded too. Not only was it so we could get the right size on the right cat, but because not all of them were kid friendly. Boo, the big yellow tiger, was very friendly and good with kids so we had him in a green harness when he was out. Whiskey, his sister the dark calico, was kinda iffy so we had her in yellow. Brandy, the light calico mama cat, was in red because she was pretty mean at times. It made it easier for the kids to remember green/go, red/stop.

Tori_z said...

Thank you all.


Iggy:
Lucy had to go live with another human. It was nice having the other dogs about, and I do miss them, but sometimes I'm glad I have the humans to myself. It means more attention for me.


Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
Good idea with the cat harnesses. :)

Intense Guy said...

Thats an interesting idea LadyStyx had. I would have never thought of it.

I'm going to look at dog leashes a little more closely over the next month or so in terms of color, material, and decorations versus the animal wearing them.

I wonder how many bull dogs will have spiked black leather colors? :)