Monday, September 21, 2009

Battery powered humans (AE&D)

During an e-mail conversation the other day the idea of humans' sleep patterns being a bit like recharging a battery was touched upon. The idea behind this suggestion being that after a busy day people are generally more tired, and generally need more sleep to "fully recharge" again. Where as, after a quiet day of relaxation, people generally aren't as tired, and generally need less sleep.

This got me thinking.

Hey! I heard you groaning then! ;)

What I thought was... That seems logical. I mean, battery powered items work in the same sort of way.

Different people need different amounts of sleep to function well, and to be fully "recharged" and ready to face the day. The same applies to battery power... Different items need different amounts of battery power to function, and different rechargable batteries need different amounts of time to fully recharge.

Also, different activities use more energy from people. And the same applies to battery powered items... Doing different things with some items uses more battery power than doing others.

So, I've come to the conclusion that people are, in fact, battery powered.

What I can't figure out is...

What kinds of batteries do people run on? Does it vary like with the battery powered gadgets we all use?

Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sometimes I think I need a new battery because mine doesn't seem to fully recharge anymore. I think it comes with age. :\

Intense Guy said...

I'd like to change my battery for an Everyready Enegizer one...

:)

I hope you have been keeping your batteries charged with all that mental exercising your doing!

Wendyburd1 said...

My battery needs to charge for like 10+ hours to feel GOOD. So sad, that never happens...well hardly ever.

Deanna said...

I have an image of the energizer bunny running through my head after reading this post. LOL

LadyStyx said...

And like rechargeables, it takes longer and longer to recharge to the point we eventually fail to take a charge...

Tori_z said...

I see you're all thinking along the lines I was... LOL! ;)