Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cave at Pendine

Beaches tend to have cliffs... Even if you can't get to them, or can't get to their caves (or both).

Here's a photo of Kelly standing in front of the cliffs at Pendine.



And the entrance to one of the caves...



Kelly looking in to the cave...



The floor of the cave, with white and grey rock strata...



Me exploring the cave walls...



Just a shot of me standing in the cave...



Me outside the cave...



That was fun! :)

After the caves we started heading back across the beach to get back to the car. Time for lunch, ice-cream, and a look around the couple of shops just off the beach. We didn't really buy anything - except the ice-cream, which was very tasty - but it didn't hurt to look... There may have been something we wanted to buy, after all. You don't know these things if you don't look. :)

Tori

P.S. The photos Mam is posting will be up on her blog later this evening... Just thought I'd let anyone interested in seeing them knoww, in case you don't follow her blog (her blog can be found here if you're interested).

9 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

That cant possibly be Kelly cos he aint wearing a red canadian mountie jacket LOL

what GREAT photos....... I aint to good with caves unless I can see the entrance for a quick getaway incase the cave monster gets disturbed :)

ice cream is always good :)

x

AliceKay said...

You and your family really had a great day at the beach. So much to do. Thanks for posting the pics for us so we can enjoy the beach, tidal pools, and caves right along with you. :)

Intense Guy said...

Cave Monsters? This is in Wales isn't it? This looks like a dragon cave to me. Those white and grey rocks look like dragon runes... Hmm... I'm very rusty with my dragon rune reading skills since I let my magazine subscription to "Flaming Snouts" lapse, but I think it says, "Hello Tori! Need any marshmellows toasted?"

Deanna said...

Great pictures. I love caves and have been through many commercialized caves and some that we just found in our wanderings. Missouri is actually known as the "cave state".

Tori_z said...

Toasty:
He'd never make a mounty... He's not big on horses. LOL!

You'd be alright in this particular cave then... It only goes about 12 foot or so in to the cliffs. There are plenty of bigger ones, but they're harder to get to.

Please don't give my mind ideas about monsters... I'm having enough trouble with them as it is! :(


Iggy:
Nah, I think the dragons wouldn't like that cave... The water level reaches a good two thirds of the way up at high tide. Perhaps you read the runes wrong and they actually say, "wrong cave, Tori." LOL!

Tori_z said...

AK:
Yep, we had fun! And... You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos! :)

Deanna:
I haven't been in many caves. Actually, I don't remember going in any before. If I did it was small ones like this one and when I was quite small. Dad's promised to take me to Dan Yr Ogof caves though... Now those are big caves! I've never been before. Carl's been a couple of times, but not me.

LadyStyx said...

Oh no. You're mistaken iggy! It clearly says "You must be this tall to play in the cave".

Jessica♥ said...

oo! Sounds fun. =]

Tori_z said...

LOL @ Styxie!