Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Ghost Hunter

That is a super cool title! At least, I think so. Mind you, all the books in this series had cool titles... That was how they came to our attention in the first place. I was trying to find a new audiobook, and the titles from this series jumped out and said, "read me! You know you want to!" And I'm glad I listened. If I hadn't then I'd have missed out on reading a fantastic series of books.

I'm talking, as some of you may know, about Michelle Paver's Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness series, which I reviewed back in January (click here to read that post, and to find out what the series is actually about).

"Ghost Hunter" is the sixth - and final - book in the series. It was released on September 3rd, and I was lucky enough to be able to get hold of an audio version that same day! It was the following day before I listened to it, because I made a promise not to start it until Mam did so that we could start the book together. But I ended up finishing the book that same night. Well, at 4:00 am Saturday morning, but let's not be picky. LOL!

Anyway, this one was just as good as the first five books in the series, and was worth the wait to find out what happened. It didn't disappoint - as some series finales do - and I loved the ending!

Also, Ian McKellen did a fantastic job of reading this series out loud. Good call Michelle Paver on agreeing to let him do so! He definately helps to bring the characters to life, and make you feel that you're there, which is something a lot of people fail to do when reading a book out loud.

Tori

7 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it. Ian McKellen could read a grocery list and make it sound interesting.

Wendyburd1 said...

Ian McKellen?!! SHE was lucky to get him to agree to do it! I am glad you liked your series and that it ended in a good way!

LadyStyx said...

I'm with Wifey.

*channels my inner American Idol judge*...He could read the PHONE BOOK!

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the book. :)

Tori_z said...

I agree, he could make anything interesting. :)


Wendy:
Actually, according to an interview I heard with her, he offered to do it. Apparently he's a friend of a friend, and the friend told him about her book. He thought it sounded interesting, so he asked her if he could read it out so that it could be made in to an audiobook. That's basically what Michelle said in the interview anyway.

Intense Guy said...

Some people have the most pleasant sounding voices.

I have some audio books to get in the mail for you - I got delayed.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Thank you, and no worries. Whenever you get a chance is fine... No rush! :)