Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Paris Summer

"In the hottest summer in living memory, Judith Flatland, together with her two children, leaves Boston and the Museum of Fine Arts to follow her husband, Jordan, to Paris, where he is about to finalise a high-profile business deal. Bored with her role as corporate wife, conscious of her age and suddenly aware that she has become sexually invisible, forty-two-year-old Judith feels jealous of and threatened by her nubile daughter. Has life passed her by? Cheating on her marriage and unable to help herself, Judith is drawn into a passionate affair with Felix Dumoulin, an urbane young artist. And so, what begins as curiosity on her part leads to a poignant denouement: Judith must choose between her husband and her lover."

The above was taken from:http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/f/rosemary-friedman/paris-summer.htm

This is one of the books I got from the library last week. The author's name is Rosemary Friedman. It wasn't too bad of a book. Not great, but good. It wasn't overly graphic, or overly mushy, as many stories like this often are. I don't think it's one I'd be in any hurry to go out and buy though.


I read most types of books... Mystory, Fantasy, Horror, Romance, childrens' fiction, general fiction, even some non-fiction... I'm not picky! And enjoy the bulk of the books I read. But some of them fall in to the "it was good, but..." catagory. This means that I enjoyed the book, but wouldn't be all that bothered if I didn't read or listen to it again. Nothing against those books, there are just others I enjoy more than them. This is one of those books. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being favourite books, 1 being least favourite books) this one gets a 6.

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like a pretty "tired" plot.

:)

Tori_z said...

*Nods @ Iggy*

Jessica♥ said...

wow boring.

ChicagoLady said...

If that were the opening paragraph to a book, I'd stop reading it.