Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 2009 craft update: Dragons and more

It's time for September 2009's craft update!



As you can see from the photos included in this post, I've finished the dragon candle holder.



It's not been painted yet, but Kelly will be helping me to do that soon.





Kelly will also be helping me to paint the ducks I made recently. I'll get more photos when they're done.

I've also finished the gloves I was making, but I didn't take a photo of those yet. I should have one to share for next month though. They weren't as complicated as I'd expected them to be, but they were definately one of the harder projects I've attempted. I'm not even going to pretend I did as good a job as the people who make them to sell in shops and such, but I don't think I've done too bad of a job. Like I said, I'll get a photo for you for next month's craft update.

I now have several projects on the go.

I'm making a blanket for Kero for Christmas (I figured it would be cheaper than buying him a new one). I've made a start on the items for the handmade giveaway thing. And I've promised to make a few Christmasy themed items out of clay for a fair type thing the bsg is planning to run shortly before Christmas (money from which will go towards paying for transport for us to go on outings). I also have a couple of other Christmas presents I'm working on for people. Plus, I promised to make something for a family friend. So I'm spending a lot of time with either a pair of knitting needles or some clay in my hands. And, yes, I'm enjoying every minute of it. :)

Actually, that's why I'm sometimes slow replying to comments, or leaving comments of my own. I spend little to no time on the laptop on the weekends, and - with my new routine - my totally free time is limited through the week already. I think it will be like this until Christmas now. After that things will calm down, because I wont have so many projects on the go at once (or such a short deadline for completing most of them by). All I should have left to finish by Christmas is anything I haven't managed to finish for the handmade giveaway thing... Although, I'm hoping that wont be much, since I'd like to avoid keeping you all waiting for too long for your gifts. :)

OK, this about does it for this month's craft update.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Are you going to paint the dragon red like the Welsh one (I remember his name, I just can't remember how to spell it!).. Dillwynn?

AliceKay said...

Sure sounds like you've been really busy and plan to be busy the next couple of months. Good luck with your projects.

Deanna said...

Oh yea, the red dragon! Your crafts are great Tori. I'm glad you are enjoying them so much. Kero is one lucky puppy to be getting a blankie from you.

Wendyburd1 said...

You are so crafty Tori!!

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Dilwyn... ;)

And, no. I'm painting him purple, because that's the favourite colour of the person he's for.

Deanna:
I hope he thinks so too. :)

AK & Wendy:
Thank you! :)

LadyStyx said...

Neat dragon. Looking forward to seeing the pix of the gloves.

Tori_z said...

Thanks Styxie. :)