Monday, September 07, 2009

Sunflower



The above photo is of one of the Sunflowers I planted as seeds shortly after Easter. As you can see - despite all the weird weather that's been thrown at them - they're doing quite well, and are flowering. :)

Here's a close-up...



The next one was taken to see if a flash made the photo better, since it was starting to get dark when Mam and Dad were here taking photos of the Sunflowers. I'm told it looks "washed out" but that effect often makes for good shots, so I figured I'd share it anyway. If nothing else I figure that those of you who enjoy the effects you can do with photos may like the photo. :)



The top couple of photos were taken with one of my parents' cameras, but these others were taken with my camera. We only figured out how the flash worked after taking them. Yeah, I know, it's taken us long enough to figure the flash out on my camera. I've only had it about 2 months, that's all. LOL!

Anyway, these final photos were taken with my camera just on its normal photo taking setting. My camera doesn't have all sorts of settings like the old one... It's just a point and click type camera. Still, I'm told these photos look as though they were made to look like paintings of Sunflowers rather than real ones, and I thought that was pretty cool. So, that's why I'm posting these too.




Enjoy your day! :)

Tori

9 comments:

Deanna said...

I LOVE sunflowers - so neat that you grew them from seeds. I like the last two photos best - they have a very cool look about them.

Jessica♥ said...

sunflowers are one of my favorites!
They're simple and cute.

ChicagoLady said...

I like all the pictures, even the washed out one.

AliceKay said...

My daughter loves sunflowers, too. Her kitchen theme is sunflowers. Loved the pics. The last two were pretty cool. :)

Wendyburd1 said...

I love the last two photos! They are so artsy!!

Intense Guy said...

I bet you can tell a sunflower by its feel. Too bad someone doesn't pick out the seeds to make it a smiley face for you.

Tori_z said...

Glad you all enjoyed the photos. :)

Iggy:
Sunflowers are one of the types of flowers I can recognise quite well. I don't like to spend a long time examining flowers and plants though, because I worry I'll break them.

LadyStyx said...

Yes, those last two look extremely artsy. I bet they'd look great in a black frame.

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
I rarely bother getting photos printed.